Value of: Brayden Schenn’s next contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He has one more year on his contract after this season. Anybody want to take a stab at what he will sign for either with the Blues or as a FA?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
5.5x6 front loaded

I know he likely gets more since things are getting crazy.
He’s a year removed from a 70 point season. On pace for his usual ~55 points this season. Top 6 guy that can play center or wing. He’s almost definitely getting 7+. And depending on the term he’ll be worth it.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
He looks pretty good on LW with ROR and Tarasenko right now. It will be interesting to see what the Blues do as Thomas should slide up to #2C next season and Schenn definitely isn't better than ROR.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Man, I love Schenn, but he's gonna price himself right out of town. Good for him though.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I believe Schenn will easily be at 7 million.

Pardon all while I think out loud...

I enjoyed his time with the Flyers and always thought he had more in the tank. The decent barometer of your coaching staff is when a player leaves or comes in. Under Dave Hakstol the Flyers had no veteran types flourish under his system but we saw a number of players move on and play better, Schenn being one.

My favorite memory of him was he was one of the few players that brought it in the Flyers -Capital playoff series a few years back. If he could have channeled that night in and out he may have never left Philly.

I'll always wish a guy like him success no matter where he goes!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Seems like a pretty straightforward case of 7x7 IMO.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I believe Schenn will easily be at 7 million.

Pardon all while I think out loud...

I enjoyed his time with the Flyers and always thought he had more in the tank. The decent barometer of your coaching staff is when a player leaves or comes in. Under Dave Hakstol the Flyers had no veteran types flourish under his system but we saw a number of players move on and play better, Schenn being one.

My favorite memory of him was he was one of the few players that brought it in the Flyers -Capital playoff series a few years back. If he could have channeled that night in and out he may have never left Philly.

I'll always wish a guy like him success no matter where he goes!
That's not really true.

Giroux, Voracek, Couturier all posted their career highs last year.

Yes Schenn had 70 points last year, and now is back on a 55 point pace this year.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
That's not really true.

Giroux, Voracek, Couturier all posted their career highs last year.

Yes Schenn had 70 points last year, and now is back on a 55 point pace this year.

Fair point but I was more of less speaking about players acquired or that left during the Hakstol era

E76

Sep 29, 2018
I'd say if he wants to stay with the blues it'd have to be something along the lines of 6 to 6.5x6 years and even then i'm not sure if they'd do it.. He can probably get 7.5x6/7/8 somewhere else though by the way things are going.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
He’s set for a career low in goals while his linemates have been garbage this season. He’s back playing with better players now and doing much better. I think 60+ should be where he is expected to be with 25G+/35A+ in a normal year on a good team. 70 is when everything goes right. He’s definitely a first line talent when he isn’t slumping.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It’s easy to think that going 7x7 is a lot for Schenn and maybe it’s better to replace him with youth from within. But how many times do your young players produce 25g 35a? It’s just easier said than done. I think if you have a relatively young asset like Schenn who is in his prime, you try as hard as you can sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad