Recalled/Assigned: Brayden McNabb sent down to Rochester, Recalled After The Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
Yes, yo-yo?

McNabb is getting a TON of GP right now by shuttling back an forth. It's good for development. How is this treating him like a yo-yo?

How many promotions/demotions have there been this season for McNabb? How many games has he watched during his promotions? Sitting in his civvies, in Buffalo, may be good for his bank account, but not for his development.

Given a choice between what's happening with the Sabres, and playing regularly with Tampa, I think he'd choose the latter.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
McNabb has sat six whole games with Buffalo. Clearly that's ruining his development.

The reasons to trade McNabb have little to do with developmental concerns and more to do with him not being that great and not necessarily having a long term future with the team

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
McNabb has sat six whole games with Buffalo. Clearly that's ruining his development.

The reasons to trade McNabb have little to do with developmental concerns and more to do with him not being that great and not necessarily having a long term future with the team

Maybe...maybe not... But how about giving him a shot ( A real shot) before writing him off instead playing the Sulzers. That's the issue.

I mean why the hell wouldn't you give the kid a stretch of 20 games or rest of the season to see if he's a piece you think you can move forward with.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No reason McNabb shouldn't be a fixture as a top 6 dman.McNabb's rookie year>Pysyk's rookie year.One was already announced as making the team, the other has been exceptional in Rochester getting looked over constantly.Keep McNabb up and give him regular minutes.Stop playing ****zer.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Maybe...maybe not... But how about giving him a shot ( A real shot) before writing him off instead playing the Sulzers. That's the issue.

I mean why the hell wouldn't you give the kid a stretch of 20 games or rest of the season to see if he's a piece you think you can move forward with.
He's still a prospect. You don't just gift a player games and ice time to see what he's made of. In saying that, I think management already has an idea of where he's at in his development based on his mediocre play in Rochester. He's just not ready for full time NHL work.

This season was all about the Sulzers, the Leinos, the Omarks..and taking our time with our prospects. No need to rush him up to Buffalo.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He's still a prospect. You don't just gift a player games and ice time to see what he's made of. In saying that, I think management already has an idea of where he's at in his development based on his mediocre play in Rochester. He's just not ready for full time NHL work.

This season was all about the Sulzers, the Leinos, the Omarks..and taking our time with our prospects. No need to rush him up to Buffalo.

Rushing?

Rushing?

Rushing?

Unreal.

Mediocre always means AHL All-Star status.

He's ready to be given a legit shot.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection
Funny...the people who assess hockey on a Professional basis have voted McNabb to the AHL All-Star team 3 time including this year.
Rochester fans call him mediocre.
Who's head is up their arse?

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Funny...the people who assess hockey on a Professional basis have voted McNabb to the AHL All-Star team 3 time including this year.
Rochester fans call him mediocre.
Who's head is up their arse?

I don't catch many Rochester games. Mediocre may have been harsh. From my understanding he excels offensively, but still needs to work on his play in the d-zone, correct?

He hasn't impressed me enough in the games he's played up in Buffalo to warrant a spot IMO. There's nothing wrong with letting him play in Rochester.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't catch many Rochester games. Mediocre may have been harsh. From my understanding he excels offensively, but still needs to work on his play in the d-zone, correct?

He hasn't impressed me enough in the games he's played up in Buffalo to warrant a spot IMO. There's nothing wrong with letting him play in Rochester.

And there's nothing wrong with letting him play in Buffalo.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
AHL all star selections have been a farce for years. No one denies McNabb's offensive talents. It's defensive play that stinks as does his constant poor decisions with the puck and away from it. No my head is not up my ass. One of the more frustrating players, because you see the obvious talent, yet he makes so many mistakes.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
AHL all star selections have been a farce for years. No one denies McNabb's offensive talents. It's defensive play that stinks as does his constant poor decisions with the puck and away from it. No my head is not up my ass. One of the more frustrating players, because you see the obvious talent, yet he makes so many mistakes.

Shocker.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
And there's nothing wrong with letting him play in Buffalo.

For entertainment value, no. Not at all. For development? Rochester is the best place for him with some games in Buffalo sprinkled in which is what he's been getting so far.

Nobody wants to watch players like Sulzer. I get it.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection

The only Rochester games I see are on TV and they are few and far between. I trust hockey people to judge.
I believe McNabb is 6/7 for Buffalo this year. We have to tolerate Sulzer so Rochester can have McNabb.
Just all the injuries have made it a mess. If McNabb does not get consistant 20 minutes per game in Buffalo, he needs 25 minutes in Rochester.
Long term. #5/6/7 in Buffalo. PP bomber. PK horse.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
For entertainment value, no. Not at all. For development? Rochester is the best place for him with some games in Buffalo sprinkled in which is what he's been getting so far.

Nobody wants to watch players like Sulzer. I get it.

No... for Christs Sake...not for entertainment purposes... Development! A turning point... in his development... Why are you people so afraid of "mistakes" that young players make... they're going to happen... AHL..NHL...doesn't matter.. you make mistakes.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Does 27 like anyone?

On a team with almost half ECHL players? Some but not many.

The Amerks have been awful for years, so yeah, over the years I haven't liked too many players. But currently I like Ruhwedel, Ristolainen, Varone, Roy, Larsson, Bagnall and Gillies for example.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection
On a team with almost half ECHL players? Some but not many.

The Amerks have been awful for years, so yeah, over the years I haven't liked too many players. But currently I like Ruhwedel, Ristolainen, Varone, Roy, Larsson, Bagnall and Gillies for example.
Earlier this year when Rochester had 7 veterans and were very competitive you whined and moaned. Your act is old and tedious. Try the other site. There are 100 people just like you.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Earlier this year when Rochester had 7 veterans and were very competitive you whined and moaned. Your act is old and tedious. Try the other site. There are 100 people just like you.

About what exactly? That they were poorly coached with a lineup that should win? Probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad