Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Quite honestly, I’m surprised to see Chen still on the team. He has good size but he’s not very good defensively and he’s not offensive. They briefly experimented with him as a forward in preseason, which I think speaks to the uncertainty surrounding him. So far this season his game seems to be unchanged from last year.

I’m sure he’s a good person but I just don’t see the value in having him take up a roster spot.
I think it's okay to be critical of players while understanding it's no comment on their character. Also, players are what players are and its really on management to get the right ones.

Having said that, he's not a reliable OHL player. Has size, never hits or uses it to win battles. He retreats and uses his reach to force guys to run out of space. He panics when the puck is on his stick.

Edit: I'll add that it's not cool for fans of the Bulldogs to get on a player in game. Which I started to hear regarding Chen.

I see a whole lot more garbage fans in Brantford than I ever did in Hamilton.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'm holding out hope (even if it's slim) that Hamara returns. There is a bit of a logjam in Belleville.

I know it's wishful thinking but we manifested Jiricek.lol

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I'm holding out hope (even if it's slim) that Hamara returns. There is a bit of a logjam in Belleville.

I know it's wishful thinking but we manifested Jiricek.lol
I'm totally reading into things that don't matter. Lol.

Sens get Eliasson to Barrie and not Brantford, must mean Hamara is coming here.

Hamara likes a Bulldogs social post, must mean he's coming back.

It also means very little, but the first time I heard he may be back was from a parent of a key player in the room.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024

It also means very little, but the first time I heard he may be back was from a parent of a key player in the room.
I think one factor in Brantfords favour is that he has only played in 45 games the past 2 seasons. So it wouldn’t be totally unreasonable to think coming back to Brantford might be best for his development. I am not familiar at all with Ottawas farm system but he comes to Brantford I would imagine he is playing top D minutes too, don’t know what playing time he would get in Belleville.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

Keep talking about it, it worked with Jiricek.lol

Hamara would be a bigger add than Xhekaj imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad