Value of: Brady Skjei as UFA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Big, fast top 4 LHD who scores like crazy at 5v5 (4th in goals last 3 years, 14th in points among all D men) and although he's paired with the very defensively responsible Pesce, Skjei has also been great defensively the last few years after it took him a little while to settle into the Canes system. Canes would surely like to keep him but have Slavin and Orlov and then Nikishin coming in on the left side so it's widely assumed they will have to let him walk as he will likely get paid more in FA than would make sense for the Canes to pay with the other options already in place.

What teams will be interested in him and what contract do you think he'll be able to demand as a UFA? Personally I could see him getting (and think he'll be worth it to whatever team pays it) 7x7.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah. Don't be surprised if Skjei gets 7x7. He's been our best defenseman this year. I could also see him being a great option on the 2nd unit power play. Has a wicked wrister. Not super fast, but accurate and usually well timed.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yeah. Don't be surprised if Skjei gets 7x7. He's been our best defenseman this year. I could also see him being a great option on the 2nd unit power play. Has a wicked wrister. Not super fast, but accurate and usually well timed.
He’s been your best dman since Feb 2020. You just didn’t realize it until this year.

I’d give him Huberdeau’s 10.5x8 easy. At least skjei saved Christmas once. All huberdeau did was make a kid cry when he got his jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad