The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
John Leclair not in.

2x AS-1, 3x AS-2
1,2,4,9 in plus/minus
4,5,9,9 point finishes
3,3,5,5,7,10 goal finishes
This is a Brad Marchand thread

You been following hockey for 60 years - walk thru the HOF plaque room and like me I will assume you will see a lot of players you watched who aren’t better than Brad Marchand

It’s all subjective anyways

You are entitled to thinking Brad Marchand is not a HOF if that’s how you think

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This is a Brad Marchand thread

You been following hockey for 60 years - walk thru the HOF plaque room and like me I will assume you will see a lot of players you watched who aren’t better than Brad Marchand

It’s all subjective anyways

You are entitled to thinking Brad Marchand is not a HOF if that’s how you think

I was responding to a poster who stated Marchand is "definitely in".

Was simply pointing out that at least one player with comparable accomplishments has been left out.

In no way do I personally think Marchand is not a Hall of Famer.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Interesting that Gretzky mentions Theoron Fleury...who isn't in the hall of fame. I watched him plenty of times live, and he and Marchand really do have a lot in common (on the ice). Fleury was a killer...such an amazing finisher...constantly winning battles against players much larger than him. Just an electric hockey player. You always knew when he was on the ice...just an absolute PITA to play against.

I remember watching Marchand on TV when he first started with the B's and thinking "This guy is going to be an absolute star...he's the next Fleury". Probably the only time I've ever been right about a player in my life, lol.

Watching Marchand troll players, coaches, and fans, and the entire lower mainland of B.C. year after year is just so absolutely enjoyable. SO thankful that he plays for the B's.
Fleury was one of my favorites growing up (so sad to see what he's had to deal with and where it's left him). What's so amazing about Marchand's is that he's able to be so successful at his size without having breakaway speed. How a guy that little plays a physical possession style game so long and so we'll is beyond me. But I guess that's why he's so fun to watch.

Reactions: Fopppa

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
"The Leafs aren't a playoff team. Their best players aren't showing up. They have a goaltending problem. Leafs are wilting to the pressure of the Toronto market per usual. Austin Mathew's tum tum hurts from drinking his Rogaine... "

Bruins? Zero credit whatsoever. Especially Marshy. And in a season they lose Patrice Bergeron, among other substantial contributions, their leader. David Krejci? What did he ever do? Something Toronto haven't been privy to since Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clarke. He, as was Bergy, both total playoff studs.

Both gone. How big of a hit can a team take? And, now Marchand is carrying the torch. Still BBQing goalies with big goals, all while putting the opposing bench in a straight jacket no matter what they try.

I know there's plenty of credit to go around. Plenty. But Marchand deserves a ton.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
"The Leafs aren't a playoff team. Their best players aren't showing up. They have a goaltending problem. Leafs are wilting to the pressure of the Toronto market per usual. Austin Mathew's tum tum hurts from drinking his Rogaine... "

Bruins? Zero credit whatsoever. Especially Marshy. And in a season they lose Patrice Bergeron, among other substantial contributions, their leader. David Krejci? What did he ever do? Something Toronto haven't been privy to since Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clarke. He, as was Bergy, both total playoff studs.

Both gone. How big of a hit can a team take? And, now Marchand is carrying the torch. Still BBQing goalies with big goals, all while putting the opposing bench in a straight jacket no matter what they try.

I know there's plenty of credit to go around. Plenty. But Marchand deserves a ton.
OMG....One of the very best posters has returned. Where have you been @Neely08?

I have missed you.

I hope you are back!!!

Also, I agree. Brad deserves so much credit!

Hazelwig

Feb 24, 2023

Kind of fun to think about a time traveler at a 2006 draft party telling Bruins fans, "I'm not going to give you any details except that this guy you just selected at #71 will end up with the most Bruins playoff goals all time and will have his number retired."

I still get sick thinking about Claude choosing Trent Whitfield over Marchy in game 7 against the Flyers in 2009. I irrationally believe we would have won that game with his energy in the lineup. Whitfield was -1 with 6:15 of ice time. Lowest on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad