Proposal: Bozak to Arizona

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

To Toronto: Richardson, 2nd round pick

To Arizona: Bozak

Coyotes get an upgrade on Richardson, with only an extra 2 million or so for 2017-18, while the leafs get a 2nd round pick for downgrading in player.

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Value is about what I'd expect from Bozak, but the Leafs are in no position to trade him this summer, going into next season with Kadri-Matthews-Nylander down the middle we're setting up our blue chips to fail.

Revisit this trade in 6 months

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Leafs pass, Bozka and Kadri trade 2C back and forth all season, Leafs need that cushion down the middle/competition more than a disposable 2nd round pick.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
To Toronto: Richardson, 2nd round pick

To Arizona: Bozak

Coyotes get an upgrade on Richardson, with only an extra 2 million or so for 2017-18, while the leafs get a 2nd round pick for downgrading in player.

We need Bozak for now. If Matthews takes the #1 job and one of Nylander, Marner, etc lock up and become consistant in the #3 slot then I can see Bozak moved but to me this deal comes up short. Unless we get a decent prospect on top of the 2nd or a 1st there is no point giving up a good center like Bozak. Considering the rental guys fetching 1sts last deadline and the Eller & Shaw returns of two 2nds we should compromise that value.

Worse case we cannot get that return and we keep a great veteran center for another year.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
No thanks from AZ. Richardson fits DT's system very well and we want to keep our 2nd.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
I'd rather give the #4/3 center spot to whichever prospect has the best camp and keep the 2nd pick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is the value that far off for people?

I think Toronto could probably be getting a little more. That said, considering that ARI's 2nd is probably an early one, maybe not.

However I agree with posters saying that it's probably in TOR's best interests to hang onto Bozak for now to insulate Matthews and Nylander. Give him the tough defensive assignments and just let the other two play offensive hockey. Revisit this in a year after those two have had a full season under their belts.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not sure I'd go out of my way to do it, but it wouldn't outrage me as a Coyotes fan.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Value seems alright to me, I had thought that the price for Bozak was just a 2nd though....

But the Coyotes have no reason to go after Bozak unless they trade Hanzal.

Right now this trade makes no sense for the Coyotes to make, Hanzal, Strome are the top 2 Cs. Bozak would compete with Vermette for the 3rd line spot. And possibly Dvorak too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad