Pre-Game Talk: Bounce Back in Boston. Did I mention Bounce?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I was that kid in 1971 or so

Theres so much in that ad I would comment on but hehe. Lets just say that ad is never happening today..

That aside this present didn't last long. Pay attention to the "new reinforced ring" guess what was happening before the new and improved? Kids getting thrown and bucked..

lol, this was a bad idea before its time. I know kids that broke the family TV riding this in the livingroom, just saying. Or doing a plant on their head.

This was back in the day where product testing was "Its christmas, release the kraken" An age of throwing firecrackers and kid air rifles..

Trampolines somehow survived. The king of bounce, and probably bad ideas.. heh

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Perlini-Ryan-Foegele
Benson-McLeod-Sceviour

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I would switch Foegele to RW and move Perlini to 3LW. He has been playing well in limited minutes and the only one getting some looks lately on the bottom line. Benson and McLoed have some chemistry. Turris can sit a second game. Bouchard and Barrie were equally brutal on the right side last game, make a swap there. Hope KK doesn't shit the bed again with a massive stupid turnover.

As for our 3C, it looks more and more to me each game that Derek Ryan is a 4C or perhaps even a 5C outside of some good PK work.

Oil need a 3C and a 6LD to really solidify the depth.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Theres so much in that ad I would comment on but hehe. Lets just say that ad is never happening today..

That aside this present didn't last long. Pay attention to the "new reinforced ring" guess what was happening before the new and improved? Kids getting thrown and bucked..

lol, this was a bad idea before its time. I know kids that broke the family TV riding this in the livingroom, just saying. Or doing a plant on their head.

This was back in the day where product testing was "Its christmas, release the kraken" An age of throwing firecrackers and kid air rifles..

8 stitches in my chin that to this day I snag every day when I’m shaving. Thank you Hasbro, Mattel or whoever invented this hell toy.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Perlini-Ryan-Foegele
Benson-McLeod-Sceviour

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I would switch Foegele to RW and move Perlini to 3LW. He has been playing well in limited minutes and the only one getting some looks lately on the bottom line. Benson and McLoed have some chemistry. Turris can sit a second game. Bouchard and Barrie were equally brutal on the right side last game, make a swap there. Hope KK doesn't shit the bed again with a massive stupid turnover.

As for our 3C, it looks more and more to me each game that Derek Ryan is a 4C or perhaps even a 5C outside of some good PK work.

I’m ok with giving 4K another go. He has the ability to be better than last night but crap the bed again and it’s a short leash Slater.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Perlini-Ryan-Foegele
Benson-McLeod-Sceviour

Nurse - Barrie
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Bouchard

I'd almost try Perlini in KY's spot. He had some moments last game. Maybe he just needs a chance.

Not sure if Russell is healthy or what, but I'd throw him in there too for Koekkoek.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m ok with giving 4K another go. He has the ability to be better than last night but crap the bed again and it’s a short leash Slater.
The problem I'm having with him again this year is he does so much bad in one game that he needs like 3 decent games to make up for that one game.

In 10-12 minutes we just need some consistency. Doesn't have to be a world beater at this point, but just needs to be average.

I mean eventually it would be nice to have someone there that is above average, but for now just average play is what we need.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My prediction: this will be the most biased and unfairly officiated game of the season. Unlike the Oilers, the Boston team/media complex actually makes an effective stance against bad officiating. They’re gonna get the calls.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I actually like Tippett's lines for once.

I wouldn't be against spending some assets and acquiring a better 5-6 defenceman to take KK/Russell's spot sometime soon though.
I'd give Lagesson a callup. One has to think he could be done in North America this year. See if he has anything left to give and if not look for someone.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
8 stitches in my chin that to this day I snag every day when I’m shaving. Thank you Hasbro, Mattel or whoever invented this hell toy.

Fine print:

Invented by Crystal glass.

but jebus.

Release sugar raging kids on those things in the middle of a livingroom. What possible bad thing could happen? Worse was when parents bought two of these and it was full on octagon with siblings. The kind of toy dads would buy, and never be home..hehe

Its kind of funny because you really what thought, other than none, went into releasing these types of things on the unsuspecting public.

Remember "Clackers" which quickly became pretty lethal nunchucks in any of the depraved school environments I was an alumni of...

Worse, the balls we're known to explode or shatter if too much force was involved even in suggested use. Which was rarely how they were used.

My parents used to think these toy companies had semi-murderous intent..secretly you wonder if they hated kids.

Product testing: "Oh, the test group survived 15mins of exposure to toy, release the Khristmas Kraken"

I'll get into the game day discussion when this is an actual game day. heh

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Fine print:

Invented by Crystal glass.

but jebus.

Release sugar raging kids on those things in the middle of a livingroom. What possible bad thing could happen? Worse was when parents bought two of these and it was full on octagon with siblings. The kind of toy dads would buy, and never be home..hehe

Its kind of funny because you really what thought, other than none, went into releasing these types of things on the unsuspecting public.

Remember "Clackers" which quickly became pretty lethal nunchucks in any of the depraved school environments I was an alumni of...

Worse, the balls we're known to explode or shatter if too much force was involved even in suggested use. Which was rarely how they were used.

My parents used to think these toy companies had semi-murderous intent..secretly you wonder if they hated kids.

Product testing: "Oh, the test group survived 15mins of exposure to toy, release the Khristmas Kraken"

I'll get into the game day discussion when this is an actual game day. heh

Back in the day the best toys were the ones that nearly killed you.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd almost try Perlini in KY's spot. He had some moments last game. Maybe he just needs a chance.

Not sure if Russell is healthy or what, but I'd throw him in there too for Koekkoek.
He finally got a chance to rip his shot off... Unfortunately he missed the net both times.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Back in the day the best toys were the ones that nearly killed you.
Oh my you are so correct. Shot my best friend with a Daisy BB, gun hit him in the forehead. Not politically acceptable nowadays but we played cowboys and Indians with real artillery. He’s 62 now and still has a pockmark there. We actually were good kids who all grew up and have been successful in our careers, well adjusted and raised good families and strong lasting marriages. They were different times for sure. Ok , now enough waxing nostalgic, let’s wax those Bruins.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
I actually like Tippett's lines for once.

I wouldn't be against spending some assets and acquiring a better 5-6 defenceman to take KK/Russell's spot sometime soon though.
Stauf hinted at Staal out of Detroit at the deadline

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Boston one of the more dominant 5v5 teams in the league so very interested to see how this game plays out. If they get their teeth kicked in again I'll be officially concerned about our success in the playoffs.

Last edited:

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW

Let's not forget about Lawn Darts too. There was always one younger or more uncoordinated kid that would throw it straight up. Surprised there weren't more of us going to the hospital with a yellow one stuck in our head...

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Big news today from social media! Ethan Bear is better than Petry, Nurse, Slavin and as good as Doughty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad