Bottom 6 signings?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Look we're probably just going to add "patches" while the kids grow up.
Hextall is unlikely to want to take on any more long-term deals, given he's stuck with McDonald, just extended Couts and V, and will probably have to offer a deal to B Schenn. And decide about MDZ.

Meanwhile you have Konecny, Leier and Cousins (maybe Straka) as possibilities next year, AK and Lindblom in two years, Fazleev in three years.

So I see the bottom six strategy as one of short-term upgrades while the kids get worked in. So the ideal candidates are probably in their early 30s, on reasonably priced 1-2 year contracts.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Hextall is unlikely to want to take on any more long-term deals, given he's stuck with McDonald, just extended Couts and V, and will probably have to offer a deal to B Schenn. And decide about MDZ.

Meanwhile you have Konecny, Leier and Cousins (maybe Straka) as possibilities next year, AK and Lindblom in two years, Fazleev in three years.

So I see the bottom six strategy as one of short-term upgrades while the kids get worked in. So the ideal candidates are probably in their early 30s, on reasonably priced 1-2 year contracts.

I'm fully into the go-for-patches while avoiding long-term contracts for non-core players approach.

I'm not too omptimistic regarding our forward prospects in the pipe though:

Konecny will be on a scoring line when he is ready and he will be given every opportunity to produce.

Other than him, every prospect has lots of holes in their games or are just lacking rare talent. That doesn't mean that none of them will be NHL players but it will take a lot of patience and in the end maybe 2 out of 6 will earn themselves a permanent roster spot. Btw if I had to guess, my money would be on Lindblom and Fazleev.

They need to draft more forwards and also look to add more size.

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

Agreed although I think Fazleev will be ready in two. The Flyers will probably have to stink next year two and then put an exciting young team on the ice in 2017-2018. Konecny, Leier, NAK, Fazleev, and Lindblom should all make the team by then with probably this year's 1st too. It's just going to be tough suffering thru another crap season next year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad