Proposal: [Bobby Margarita Special] “Trade is one for one: Jakob Chychrun for Mason McTavish”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If the Ducks won the draft lottery maybe they'd consider it but even then I doubt it, but that's just me.
This is a deadline deal.

I’m imagining maybe Anaheim trades their 2nd to Minnesota for McBain afterward. McBain isn’t McTavish, but with McTavish gone, I could see Anaheim being tops on McBain’s list of destinations. Verbeek and Guerin have a trade relationship now.

Maybe Anaheim takes Gauthier or Kasper with their 1st, too.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
This is a deadline deal.

I’m imagining maybe Anaheim trades their 2nd to Minnesota for McBain afterward. McBain isn’t McTavish, but with McTavish gone, I could see Anaheim being tops on McBain’s list of destinations. Verbeek and Guerin have a trade relationship now.

Hands off , Gauthier is ours (Devils) unless Slavkovsky is somehow there when we pick.
Ducks can have Cutter instead .

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This is a deadline deal.

Then especially no. There's a few ways they could mitigate the center loss but they're better off not doing that IMO. Only way they could consider parting with McTavish is if they had Shane Wright on the way, but that's just me.

Reactions: majormajor

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
This is a deadline deal.

Chychrun+Kessel (50%) + SJS 2nd to ANA for Comtois+McTavish

Then ANA moves their 2nd and Kessel with an additional 50% off to Minnesota for Jack McBain.

For the Ducks it works out to Comtois and McTavish for Chychrun and McBain.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If the pieces around the player aren't good enough to take advantage of the term that makes him so valuable, what's the point?

The Eichel conundrum 2.0.

Reactions: Reddwit

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Then ANA moves their 2nd and Kessel with an additional 50% off to Minnesota for Jack McBain.

Not bad actually.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks are building enough assets in these recent trades to not have to go much into their own assets. Could see them maybe move maybe Zellweger in a package for Chychrun. McTavish has high end 2C potential and the Ducks need that depth down the middle for the future.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Anaheim just traded two great D men and signalled rebuild is their way forward. Highly doubt they make a move like this

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Minnesota is asking a 2nd for McBain, so you're trading Kessel 50% retained for absolutely nothing?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You can look at pretty much every Cup winner and they’ve got center depth.

Anaheim not letting go of Zegras or McTavish.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
You can look at pretty much every Cup winner and they’ve got center depth.

Anaheim not letting go of Zegras or McTavish.

Just to add to this, Ducks have traditionally done better at drafting and developing D than forward. None of the pipeline will likely be a good as Chychrun, but they have some solid guys in the system. Drysdale, Helleson, Thrun, Zellweger, LaCombe should all make some impact. Hopefully one breaks out and becomes a true difference maker.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lhd we have a lot of… maybe not to the lvl of chychrun but we can’t move a potential top 6 center for him. I suppose if we knew the draft lottery results that might make it possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad