Bluth Company Playoff Thread! 2014-15 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
yeah i think thats fair, cpu twice and simming. even though i think for the playoffs if one GM cant play any more of the series than the other shouldnt either (thus simming the rest of the series completely). its pretty easy to beat a cpu in a playoff series so im sure mostly all of us wouldnt be surprised if Detroit won the series by playing all the rest of the games vs the CPU. Just my 2 cents.

Right, but if CAL advances, we have this same problem next round, right?

It seems like we should either sim the entire remainder of the series, or let DET play the CPU (and thus advance).

But I don't care much either way. I'm never going to make it to the finals anyhow. :laugh:

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
I don't think another GM should be allowed to play for another team. If Calgary were to win after Fuss won the series who won the cup? And imagine if that happened in the finals...

I think the team that is able to play should get an advantage by getting to play the CPU once or twice, and then the rest of the series should be simmed. This league is not just about being the best player but also about building a franchise that can win in sims.

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
So I played two games. What do I do?

Just curious is to if Calgary would win series what would new opponent do?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Damn Jeff this sucks! I don't want to give anyone a free win here. If we do the sub thing then that means the sub plays all of the 2nd round as well (assuming he wins).

I can't think of any fair way to handle this boys. I am a big fan of playing your games in the playoffs though.

Between my two options Price, what would you prefer?

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
I wouldn't mind someone coming in and playing me.

I only got the next hour to play whoever.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
So I played two games. What do I do?

Just curious is to if Calgary would win series what would new opponent do?

Play his cpu twice then sim the rest. They would be up 2-0, and should easily win out the series. They'd have a better chance of winning with that format than playing all the games p2p starting at 0-0. Seems fair to me.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you already played those games i think ill just sim the rest of the series. I liked Evo's point about building a strong, sim-capable team.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
If you already played those games i think ill just sim the rest of the series. I liked Evo's point about building a strong, sim-capable team.
But at the same time allowing two CPU games gives you a lot of control. You could even say if the GM loses one of the 2 sim games they get to play a third.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You pick Price. I honestly have no idea what is best/most fair. Sim the rest of the series or play someone else?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
@ Evo are you ready for me to advance or will you be at 9pm CST? I might just advance now if you are (depending on what price wants)

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Honestly I don't care at this point lol. If they think Simming is fair go for it.

Advance if you'd like. If someone does play me, I need new opponent to play in next hour!

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
a suggestion if CGY wins and goes to the next round, the opponent can also just play 2 games, and then sim the rest of the series as well. I def agree that by now you should be (despite injuries) building a capable team that can compete through sims

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
a suggestion if CGY wins and goes to the next round, the opponent can also just play 2 games, and then sim the rest of the series as well. I def agree that by now you should be (despite injuries) building a capable team that can compete through sims

Seems fair IMO. The original rules (on the OP) say 3 games though. 2 games might be better

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Ok. Awaiting Evo's response.

I'm ok with it but I can't speak for Carolina. I think he said he was gonna try and be on before the deadline but I know he's really busy as am I. Lets just give him a bit if thats ok with everyone as I said I'd be on at 5:30 so maybe he'll be on shortly here.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Caps win Game 6 to move on. I didn't play well, but that was possibly the most unlucky game of my life. Oh well, with 1/3 of a top line and my decimated defense I didn't expect to advance. Good series evo.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Calgary eliminated Detroit. As a GM...yes! I don't have to play Detroit! As a commissioner...don't know how to feel. Not sure if the right decision was made.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Calgary eliminated Detroit. As a GM...yes! I don't have to play Detroit! As a commissioner...don't know how to feel. Not sure if the right decision was made.

Hopefully CAL will get his new / fixed xbox. He was winning in the series, so DET advancing would have also felt a little weird.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
If you're gonna face a guy and want the best chance at winning, what do you pick?

A) You get to play the other guys CPU, get up 2-0, and then sim the rest?
B) Play out the series starting at 0-0

If all I care about is winning and not the fun I'd choose A every time...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad