GDT: Blues vs. Blackhawks| Long Time No See| 7pm, BSMW|

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlblues87

Oct 10, 2017
Random but I LOVE the postgame victory song Land of 1,000 dances by Wilson Pickett. It’s at the very end of The Great Outdoors lol. Great song!

Reactions: tfriede2

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Just dropping in to congratulate you & your Team on the Win.

Much like us north of the Border, I am picking up tension here, likely a result from the last week or so.

First off, I think Kyle Beach is a Hero for coming forward & sharing his story.

Further, I believe that you have a very solid organization from everything that I’ve read & heard.

I admit, as a Fan of the Game my objectivity is compromised.

That said,

I wish justice for Kyle Beach and the other victims. As for the Hawks, May your Boys continue to beat the shit out of them.

I sincerely hope that I haven’t derailed the Thread, nor tiptoed outside the Rules here.

Much love & appreciation to all of you here.

GP

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Hi everyone,

Just dropping in to congratulate you & your Team on the Win.

Much like us north of the Border, I am picking up tension here, likely a result from the last week or so.

First off, I think Kyle Beach is a Hero for coming forward & sharing his story.

Further, I believe that you have a very solid organization from everything that I’ve read & heard.

I admit, as a Fan of the Game my objectivity is compromised.

That said,

I wish justice for Kyle Beach and the other victims. As for the Hawks, May your Boys continue to beat the shit out of them.

I sincerely hope that I haven’t derailed the Thread, nor tiptoed outside the Rules here.

Much love & appreciation to all of you here.

GP
We love you GP!!

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
This is one of the weirdest post-game discussions ever - thankfully I’ve been drinking whiskey

Torrey Krug scored tonight. :nod:

I don't think that'll be enough to convince people that our defense can rise to the occasion and stop a team like the Avs, though.

I think they can, but I have my doubts too. :nod:

Reactions: tfriede2

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I don't know if we have any Rangers fans that read this board, but the Avalanche are to us what the Islanders were to the 1994 Rangers squad.

Just as the Rangers had to go through the Islanders to get to the cup in '94, we'll have to go through the Avalanche if we want to repeat. They also had their struggles with the Islanders back then just as we have now with the Avalanche.

Don't sleep on Dallas, Winnipeg, or Minnesota either.

Tough competition awaits this team.

Last edited:

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Ok, so now that we've accomplished nothing and changed zero opinions about anything that relates to nothing about hockey, here's some stuff about hockey:

Walman has looked pretty poor all season. I wanted to give him some time to try and settle in, but it's just not there. SP is looking like a total stud down in SA, if we start to struggle I'd really like to see him up here, the kid has offensive instincts you just can't teach. Mikkola was exactly who he was last year in the game tonight, a huge dude who skates pretty well but handles the puck like a grenade. I don't think I saw him make one tape to tape breakout pass all game.

Buch has struggled to get anything going since his suspension. It's def knocked him off his stride. I was hoping for more offense from him at this point of the season, or at least a bit more puck possession.

This start couldn't have gone more perfectly for Tarasenko. We might not trade him this year, but he's put to rest any talk that he's not the player he once was. He's easily showing that he's still an elite player in the game.

Binnington has been excellent so far. He's made the saves he's supposed to make.

ROR is the engine on this team. Perron is clearly the Robin to his Batman, not the other way around. I think having Perron and Kyrou on the same line is a mistake, both of them are guys who like the puck on their stick.

Anyway, good win, suck it Hawks, and now we get to look forward to another couple of midnight finishes against the Kings and the Sharks lol.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
winslow-odd-fellow.gif

In relevance to the game, always nice to beat the Hawks.

Reactions: Meatball

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
ROR is the engine on this team.

The entire game this was in my head. He drives this team. I can't remember a Blues player that has single handedly had a greater impact on the group. Without him, no Cup. Without him, this team looks discombobulated in so many ways. God help us if he ever suffers a serious injury that has him out for a major portion of the season.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Ok, so now that we've accomplished nothing and changed zero opinions about anything that relates to nothing about hockey, here's some stuff about hockey:

Walman has looked pretty poor all season. I wanted to give him some time to try and settle in, but it's just not there. SP is looking like a total stud down in SA, if we start to struggle I'd really like to see him up here, the kid has offensive instincts you just can't teach. Mikkola was exactly who he was last year in the game tonight, a huge dude who skates pretty well but handles the puck like a grenade. I don't think I saw him make one tape to tape breakout pass all game.

Buch has struggled to get anything going since his suspension. It's def knocked him off his stride. I was hoping for more offense from him at this point of the season, or at least a bit more puck possession.

This start couldn't have gone more perfectly for Tarasenko. We might not trade him this year, but he's put to rest any talk that he's not the player he once was. He's easily showing that he's still an elite player in the game.

Binnington has been excellent so far. He's made the saves he's supposed to make.

ROR is the engine on this team. Perron is clearly the Robin to his Batman, not the other way around. I think having Perron and Kyrou on the same line is a mistake, both of them are guys who like the puck on their stick.

Anyway, good win, suck it Hawks, and now we get to look forward to another couple of midnight finishes against the Kings and the Sharks lol.
I agree with literally everything here. Walman just hasn't shown enough in either zone for me to be excited about him. When he's on the blueline in the o-zone, he'll either blast it with zero direction on net, or he'll defer to someone in a bad position (sometimes he makes a good pass). The offense just doesn't seem to be there. Defensively, I haven't necessarily seen anything glaring per se, but he's not breaking up rushes or stick checking well enough on the boards to play him over someone like Perunovich. Mikkola, well what can I say. It doesn't look like he worked on anything the past summer and handled the puck like a grenade multiple times this game and after that I felt like I never saw him.

I agree also with Buchnevich. He started out well, and I think that suspension has halted what was a good start for him. Hopefully he can get back on track with a few points in the next game. The rest I agree with so I don't feel the need to say anything.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Mikkola needs to get rid off his rusty. Couple games.

But

There is no excuses anymore. Last year was his debute season so I understand there is difficulties, this year he needs to take steps if not he will fall odd man out.

But limited ice time doesn't make it easy. Same goes with Kostin.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I'm coming around on this d-corps. The top four have been excellent. Faulk is playing at All-Star level, Krug runs a mean power play and is solid in his end.

Parayko and Scandella have the potential of a shut down pair and strong PK.

I like Walman's game and think he will keep getting better. Bortuzzo is solid.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I'm coming around on this d-corps. The top four have been excellent. Faulk is playing at All-Star level, Krug runs a mean power play and is solid in his end.

Parayko and Scandella have the potential of a shut down pair and strong PK.

I like Walman's game and think he will keep getting better. Bortuzzo is solid.
I think the top 4 individually are fine, but paired together still cause me concern.

A healthy Parayko with probably almost anyone who's above average(i.e.: Scandella) will usually play well given how good Parayko is.

Faulk's great play from last season is continuing on to this season and Krug's actually pretty much been the same guy as he's always been (a PP QB who is also really good offensively but limited defensively), but Krug and Faulk together do not compliment each other. Ideally you have someone a little better than Scandella to pair with Faulk as a LD (which I think would be a mistake long-term given Perunovich will be ready eventually) or someone like him as a RD with Krug to move Walman/Mikkola/Bortuzzo to 7/8D, which is why whenever it's time to trade Tarasenko(probably won't be till next season if the team continues to play well), I'd love to get a RD for Krug.

Reactions: BlueMed

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I still think Krug is the odd duck.
He doesn’t add much of anything 5v5. His breakouts are meh. His offensive production there is meh. His defense is poor. He is a PP player. He should be on our third pairing.

The problem moving forward is Perunovich is a similar player, albeit more dynamic 5v5. We still don’t know what he can do against bigger and faster competition, but I would wager that he can be a Dunn level player or better offensively.

We still clearly need a LHD upgrade.

Last night was a case in point. Our D was making terrible mistakes in the D zone, similar to the rest of our games this season.

For this season I would prefer to add someone to Parayko’s pairing. Ideally someone who can play D and move the puck.

Scandella can slot down to play with Faulk, so Faulk doesn’t have to cover for his partner so much.

Krug moves down to play with Bortz or whatever the rotating cast for RHD 3P end up being.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
He doesn’t add much of anything 5v5. His breakouts are meh. His offensive production there is meh. His defense is poor. He is a PP player. He should be on our third pairing.

The problem moving forward is Perunovich is a similar player, albeit more dynamic 5v5. We still don’t know what he can do against bigger and faster competition, but I would wager that he can be a Dunn level player or better offensively.

Last night was a case in point. Our D was making terrible mistakes in the D zone, similar to the rest of our games this season.

For this season I would prefer to add someone to Parayko’s pairing. Ideally someone who can play D and move the puck.

Scandella can slot down to play with Faulk, so Faulk doesn’t have to cover for his partner so much.

Krug moves down to play with Bortz or whatever the rotating cast for RHD 3P end up being.
While I don't hate Krug, I'd love to swap him out for a more defensive or Two-Way defender. Like maybe a 3way trade like

(This is an example not a proposal)

Boston gets Krug
Blues get Lindholm
Ducks get picks+prospects

Edit:

Lindholm-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Perunovich-Bortuzzo

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

Krug moves down to play with Bortz or whatever the rotating cast for RHD 3P end up being

I'm okay with this group for the season if nothing happens. Ideally agree a top LHD would move the other two down a line and be very strong.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

I'm OK with moving Krug down but I don't like the idea of him being with Bortuzzo (I'd want a better a partner for him/upgrade over Bortuzzo).

Rolling with that idea, pairs would be something like:

xxx-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Krug-xxx

I don't think the Blues realistically can get a top 4 D without trading Tarasenko, but a 3rd pair upgrade at RD over Bortuzzo would certainly seem possible in-season, with the pairings being:
Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Mikkola/Walman-Upgrade over Bortuzzo

Basically, I think the Blues need 2 upgrades at regardless of Perunovich's presence, with top 4 LD being the main issue and upgrading over Bortuzzo.

Reactions: BlueMed

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'm OK with moving Krug down but I don't like the idea of him being with Bortuzzo (I'd want a better a partner for him/upgrade over Bortuzzo).

Rolling with that idea, pairs would be something like:

xxx-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Krug-xxx

I don't think the Blues realistically can get a top 4 D without trading Tarasenko, but a 3rd pair upgrade at RD over Bortuzzo would certainly seem possible in-season, with the pairings being:
Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Mikkola/Walman-Upgrade over Bortuzzo

Basically, I think the Blues need 2 upgrades at regardless of Perunovich's presence, with top 4 LD being the main issue and upgrading over Bortuzzo.
Scott Mayfield for the bottom pairing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad