Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
UMass junior defenseman Matthew Kessel scored his 3rd goal of the season (6th point total), a laser slapshot from the left point during a Minutemen power play to tie their game 1-1 with the Merrimack College Warriors. Kessel is wearing one of the A's for the team this season.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
UMass junior defenseman Matthew Kessel scored his 3rd goal of the season (6th point total), a laser slapshot from the left point during a Minutemen power play to tie their game 1-1 with the Merrimack College Warriors. Kessel is wearing one of the A's for the team this season.
I liked the way he looked in The Traverse City Tournament. He looks like a pretty decent lower pairing NHL prospect, with reasonable hopes of making a career in The NHL. Nice to hear that he has a good shot. He certainly hustles, and seems like a hard worker that should take well to coaching. Let's hope he surprises us with a good level of development, quicker than we'd expect.

Reactions: JMCx4

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I liked the way he looked in The Traverse City Tournament. He looks like a pretty decent lower pairing NHL prospect, with reasonable hopes of making a career in The NHL. Nice to hear that he has a good shot. He certainly hustles, and seems like a hard worker that should take well to coaching. Let's hope he surprises us with a good level of development, quicker than we'd expect.

I think you're mixing Kessel up with someone else (Tucker?) as Kessel hasn't played at Traverse? Or is my brain having a meltdown at the moment? ;-)

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think you're mixing Kessel up with someone else (Tucker?) as Kessel hasn't played at Traverse? Or is my brain having a meltdown at the moment? ;-)

He can’t play in the tournament unless he pays for everything himself. Lodging, accommodations, food. He will lose his eligibility.

He added another assist last night to his point total.
Bolduc put up a 3a night and was the 2nd star. He is really coming on over the last few games.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
He can’t play in the tournament unless he pays for everything himself. Lodging, accommodations, food. He will lose his eligibility.

Good to know my brain isn't having a meltdown. ;-)

Although it's such a stupid rule that players lose eligibility. What's the harm in letting these NCAA kids play a tournament.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Well, I saw Kessel play in a Blues' uniform. Maybe I was just remembering him playing in a Blues' preseason game or two???

He was drafted while he already played a full season for UMass in the NCAA, which makes it really improbably he played for either the baby Blues or the regular Blues. Also Googled it and his name didn't pop-up. You're mixing him up with, I guess, either Tucker or Galloway.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He was drafted while he already played a full season for UMass in the NCAA, which makes it really improbably he played for either the baby Blues or the regular Blues. Also Googled it and his name didn't pop-up. You're mixing him up with, I guess, either Tucker or Galloway.
No, I remember seeing Tucker as "Tucker". He's bigger, and looks very different from Kessel. I don't remember seeing Galloway play, unless he was on The Blues' Traverse City team, and didn't do much that was noticeable. I'm sure the latter didn't play in any Blues' preseason game. Maybe I just followed Kessel's progress on the Prospects Thread and saw highlight clips of a few of his NCAA games?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I know it’s likely that Bolduc has been battling a lingering injury from the summer this year so far, but I can’t help but feel like we whiffed on Bourgault. He’s been dynamite this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad