Half-Assed GDT: Blues @ Dallas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
The St. Louis Blues are traveling a veteran-heavy lineup to Dallas on Tuesday night for their 7 p.m. preseason matchup with the Dallas Stars (101 ESPN).

Ryan O'Reilly, David Perron, Brayden Schenn, Brandon Saad, Vladimir Tarasenko, Colton Parayko, Torey Krug, Justin Faulk and Jordan Binnington are expected to play against the Stars.

"Dallas will have a good lineup, too. It's getting near the end," Blues Head Coach Craig Berube said. "Teams will be playing a lot of their players like we are tonight. I'm looking to see how the combinations look and the chemistry and things like that, also our team game - the structure side of it."

PROJECTED LINEUP

Forwards

Jake Neighbours - Ryan O'Reilly - David Perron
Jordan Kyrou - Brayden Schenn - Pavel Buchnevich
Brandon Saad - Robert Thomas - Vladimir Tarasenko
Dakota Joshua - Logan Brown - Klim Kostin
Defense
Marco Scandella - Colton Parayko
Torey Krug - Justin Faulk
Niko Mikkola - Scott Perunovich
Goalies
Jordan Binnington
Charlie Lindgren

FA8HM3iWYAYS2Zg

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No Neal

Maybe he's not going to make the team.

Shame. I remember watching him play with Perron in Vegas. He was a gamer then.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Some interesting things here ...
Perunovich in for Bortuzzo. I saw that coming. (I don't necessarily like it, but I saw it coming).
Kyrou is on his offside.
Brown getting another look. I think he will be given every chance, but I still don't think he will make it.
Neighbours is still with the team, and on the first line! I think he gets his nine-game trial.
Joshua getting another look. I think he makes the team.

Go Blues!!!

Reactions: Mike Liut

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Really hoping to watch this one. Lots of regulars in the lineup, along with Neighbours, Kostin, and Perunovich. Should be a fun one. Just hope there's a stream available somewhere.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
From Berube's comments posted above, it seems this is pretty close to the opening night roster. You have to assume Barbashev will get in there somewhere. Maybe someone else not playing tonight gets in on that 4th line. But Buchnevich-Schenn and RoR-Perron are definitely pairs. Saad-Thomas-Tarasenko is a line. The top 4 D is set. So the only questions left is (1) who makes the 4th line with Barby and Bozie (2) Whose on the third pair (3) Where do Neighbours and Kyrou slot with the 2 established pairs and (4) Who gets press box duty?

Neighbours/Kyrou - RoR - Perron
Neighbours/Kyrou - Schenn - Buchnevich
Saad- Thomas - Tarasenko
F??? - Barbashev - Bozak
F??? -F ???

Krug- Faulk
Scandella - Parayko
D???-D???
D???

F??? spots are between Kostin, Neal, Joshua, Clifford, MacMac and Brown. I'd say barring signing Neal, its Kostin, Brown and Clifford or Joshua. MacMac is the odd man out for sure.

D??? spots are between Perunovich, Bortuzzo, Walman and Mikola. I think Walman is the odd man out.

Last edited:

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone know if Dallas will provide a stream??

So far best matchup of the preseason has nothing and tomorrow the b team will be on ESPN+…classic

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a preseason game before. I’m really interested to see (or hear) how some of the young guys play. They could cement their spots and nearly finalize the roster with strong showings tonight.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
No stream tonight according to JR and the Stars Twitter account. Super disappointing.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Very disappointing we can’t watch. How hard is it to stream something?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Kostin took an early penalty. Binnington bailed out the team by stopping 6 PP shots.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
NHL looks bush league when it fails to broadcast any game. No excuse in this day and age with the money being what it is for there not to be a broadcast. Even if the eyeballs expected to tune-in are low, it's beyond ridiculous not to have video of the game somewhere.
flipping through channels the other day and the were broadcasting pickleball on FS1, i would think a preaseaon game would get more interest

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Kostin with a great pass that led to the Blues goal. Can't tell you what actually happened because I can't see it :( ... but Kerbs and Vitale said it was a great play by Kostin.

Vitale's also pumping up Neighbours, saying he's meshing really well on the top line and making a great impression.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
NHL looks bush league when it fails to broadcast any game. No excuse in this day and age with the money being what it is for there not to be a broadcast. Even if the eyeballs expected to tune-in are low, it's beyond ridiculous not to have video of the game somewhere.
Seems like it's up to home team to provide video in preseason and Stars aren't televising. Have blues sent crew to any of away games other than radio guys?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Kostin with a great pass that led to the Blues goal. Can't tell you what actually happened because I can't see it :( ... but Kerbs and Vitale said it was a great play by Kostin.

Vitale's also pumping up Neighbours, saying he's meshing really well on the top line and making a great impression.

Sounded fantastic on the radio

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Will there even be game highlights after the game on NHL.com/youtube if nobody is airing it? Is there a camera crew there to film highlights? I'm sure someone is at least filming it for scouting and such.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Will there even be game highlights after the game on NHL.com/youtube if nobody is airing it? Is there a camera crew there to film highlights? I'm sure someone is at least filming it for scouting and such.
Blues Twitter has some terrible camera angle of the Blues’ goal and a big save by Binnington, but that’s about it. Wouldn’t hold my breath for that highlight package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad