GDT: Blue Jackets @ Habs • War of 1812 edition • Dec 1, 19h30 ET • Centre Bell • RDS, SNE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The NHL is trying to get hits like this out of the game. Emelin screwed up, screwed over his team. If you don't have the puck you should never get blindsided like that. Period.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Then it would be great if the ref would always call it.

I saw torts lobbying for 5 minutes, and I had to chuckle, but then he actually got it plus a game misconduct.

Shocking.

Only thing I can think of is that the ref thought he got the head.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Calvert looked like he was sucking wind on the bench. He got it right in the chest, so I'm sure he was winded. Emelin is a strong man. It was a clean hit. Unfortunately, Calvert didn't have the puck.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Thrown out of the game for that? Yikes. :help:

As for Condon, you guys are going to have to get used to him allowing weak goals. We have to remember that he's still just a rookie. It's up to the rest of the players to step up and help him out.

A complete defensive breakdown in front of him.

He made a poor play but his D didnt do him any favors.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
MT must have told them they're not being aggressive enough - so Emelin took matters into his own hands? We have the depth so I expect the four lines to wear them down eventually and then we start scoring goals. But first the penalty has to be weathered

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
i'm thinking there might be a notion of "he hit a guy that was completely out of the play, therefore he wanted to hurt him, therefore he gets a 5"

I wish RDS would dig up the rule book right now instead of talking about ****ing emails

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Did the refs even see the hit ? All they saw was a guy laying on the ice then decided to call it a 5 ?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Yeah when is the last time you have ever seen Marc Denis not agree with any call being made on the ice ? It's the rarest thing.. it really has to be obvious that the ref ****ed up for Marc Denis to call it, and even then only from "le bout des lèvres". I wouldn't use that as proof of anything.

He's less partial than you, I can assure you of that. It was a 5. He intended on injuring him with a blindside hit. He will get a game.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Condon overplayed it a bit but Markov lost his man and basically nearly ran into Condon. I'm worried we'll struggle worse now with the knowledge of Price being out almost 2 months. But Markov has been a defensive sore spot off-and-on this season. I'm not really sure I want to see him in another playoff losing his man, unable to keep up with the play and knocking pucks into his net. At this point Bergevin got us Petry and we're developing Beau because Marky can't handle the #1 minutes in the tough, intense games anymore. But he does make our PP move that's for sure.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Calvert looked like he was sucking wind on the bench. He got it right in the chest, so I'm sure he was winded. Emelin is a strong man. It was a clean hit. Unfortunately, Calvert didn't have the puck.

I thought it was 4 minutes worst case scenario. Most likely 2 minutes.

5 and a game is way overboard. Like I said earlier, the ref must have thought he got the head, or maybe a knee.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Perhaps the right call. But when do you see these even happen.
Emelin clear interference but he freaking glided into the guy. If the guy doesn't stay down there's a 2min that's it.

What's worse Emelin gliding with force into a guy that doesn't expect it.

or

A guy that does a late hit on the head or even the body after doing 4-5 extra steps and slightly jumping with the chicken wing up... These are even less often called for game misconduct..

Emelin should have crosschecked the guy behind the head, that is apparently more acceptable...

I don't disagree with the call if it's the right one according to the rule book but ffs, they never call these.

If it's Pateryn hitting him, there's a 2 min max..

these inconsistant refere rule application ffs.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He's less partial than you, I can assure you of that. It was a 5. He intended on injuring him with a blindside hit. He will get a game.

It's not about partiality. It's about having the guts to call out the refs one way or another. It doesn't have to be in favor or in disfavor of the habs (hence being partial). I know I'm partial, I'm a habs fan and he's not. But Marc Denis is blindly agreeing with whatever calls are made out there 99% of the time.. the refs don't have that kind of batting %. In this particular case we will have to agree to disagree because I can't see the rational for a 5+game. I don't see the intent to injure at all here. Also, he wasn't injured.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Condon overplayed it a bit but Markov lost his man and basically nearly ran into Condon. I'm worried we'll struggle worse now with the knowledge of Price being out almost 2 months. But Markov has been a defensive sore spot off-and-on this season. I'm not really sure I want to see him in another playoff losing his man, unable to keep up with the play and knocking pucks into his net. At this point Bergevin got us Petry and we're developing Beau because Marky can't handle the #1 minutes in the tough, intense games anymore. But he does make our PP move that's for sure.

I was thinking about how much Markov has left in the tank. His smarts continue to allow him to play but he can't keep playing 23 minutes or more per night.
MT has to give Nathan more responsibility on the PK and 3 on 3.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Emelin committed to the hit and the pass deflected back and he followed through & held up the full force of the hit. 2 min for interference, that's it.

A good ref should have recognized the play and called it properly. 5 & a game is just trash...if Emelin went all out on the hit sure kick him out of the game cause he could have killed him. Now Habs are short a d for rest of the game.

Habs still going to win if they get some decent goaltending from Condon.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
I saw the replay again and I still don't understand the 5 min. 2 min at most and heck I wouldn't even give that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad