GDT: Blackhawks @ Devils - 6:00CT, NHLN NBCSCH+ - 1st vs 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Rumours of Avs dangling Byram I guess the Hawks getting Dach was smart but we all know that already.
you make a great point..... my only question and i am not really contradicting you on Dach. but what were the expectation that the Avs had on Byram ?? did he not even fulfill any of their expectation ?? was he or is he so far behind the developmental curve that Byram is willing to give him up for assets that can perform now ??

this is what i am thinking,

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
you make a great point..... my only question and i am not really contradicting you on Dach. but what were the expectation that the Avs had on Byram ?? did he not even fulfill any of their expectation ?? was he or is he so far behind the developmental curve that Byram is willing to give him up for assets that can perform now ??

this is what i am thinking,

Wasn't this is reference to Taylor Hall? Like they're looking for a trade and sign. Didn't Vegas have to give up Erik Brannstrom for Mark Stone? He's struggling a bit now but was a considered a very good prospect.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Wasn't this is reference to Taylor Hall? Like they're looking for a trade and sign. Didn't Vegas have to give up Erik Brannstrom for Mark Stone? He's struggling a bit now but was a considered a very good prospect.
unless you know for a fact, this is but an assumption on your point. i know my opinion is nothing but an opinion. like, the need for a players that will really help the team, a trade is necessary.

my question why Byram and not Makar ??

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
unless you know for a fact, this is but an assumption on your point. i know my opinion is nothing but an opinion. like, the need for a players that will really help the team, a trade is necessary.

my question why Byram and not Makar ??

Why is that your question? The answer should be beyond obvious, Makar is a very key piece to the Avs winning right now and Byram is not.

If the Avs feel this is the year, and they’re only a piece away from a Stanley Cup, then you trade the guy who isn’t contributing to your current roster.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I think Brannstrom will be fine .. Ottawa had him up when he really should be spending the year in the A getting quality minutes. He's just been sent down and hopefully for his sake remains down for the year.
But yeah Stone for Brannstrom would be similar to Hall for Byram .. though Stone is way more valuable in my eyes over Hall!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Brannstrom will be fine .. Ottawa had him up when he really should be spending the year in the A getting quality minutes. He's just been sent down and hopefully for his sake remains down for the year.
But yeah Stone for Brannstrom would be similar to Hall for Byram .. though Stone is way more valuable in my eyes over Hall!
Stone is more valuable than Hall

Byram is more valuable than Brannstrom

Reactions: goldenbladz1

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Byram is a great prospect and Hall is risky with his injury history. That said, the Avs have an amazing young team. They are ready for a big move like this and if Hall is willing to resign at a team friendly rate, it should put them over the top.

Maybe after losing so much, Hall would sign for around 9.5M to join a potential dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad