Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 4, Oilers 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good news - with no playoffs paying for my sons wedding won’t hurt nearly as much!

Bad news - this was the year I decided to go to 9 Oiler road games. Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Vegas and Arizona all coming up.

At least the 3 NY area and Washington games were good.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
The GM took way too many risks and failed to upgrade the roster in any way. The coaches are stubborn and stick to a losing formula. The players are absolutely heartless, playing atrocious hockey during the most pivotal point of the season.

The whole organization is diseased right now, gotta bring in fresh life to this organization. And for god's sake, MacT and Lowe should never be around the Oilers ever again. It sickens me that they are involved in any way what so ever.

We have a better team then 2 years ago when we were missing rookie McDavid half the season.

Something wrong.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
UnfortunateFelineHorsechestnutleafminer.gif

Reactions: Bun cook

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Anyone who thinks they still have a chance just doesn't know basic math. Statistically we have a 0.9% chance of making the playoffs. Not even 1%.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Spector just tweeted he’s wondering if they will fire the coach.

Must be getting close

I hope so.

The best thing for now would be for Chia to fire Todd and spent the rest of the season as a development year, trade the useless vets to make room for the kids and let them play.
I'll say it again but team speed needs a massive improvement for next season.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I hope so.

The best thing for now would be for Chia to fire Todd and spent the rest of the season as a development year, trade the useless vets to make room for the kids and let them play.
That's exactly what they did this year. Got rid of a bunch of vets.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I think Larsson and Klefbom are playing hurt and that's basically tanking everything. Problem is that I think Larsson might have an issue (back?) that just isn't going away.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
I think I figured out why the Oilers regressed so much....... couldnt handle the success of last year.....lol

Attachments

• shawshank.jpg
    shawshank.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 23

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think our main problem over the years has been our scouting. Teams like Nashville and Tampa have tremendous scouting and continue to pump out good prospects which means that they dont have to go out and overpay for players via trade/free agency. If I were Katz I would offer tremendous money to bring in the best scouts around the globe. But I guess he likes having the OBC members around

Reactions: PGW and Night Witch

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
We have a better team then 2 years ago when we were missing rookie McDavid half the season.

Something wrong.

No we don't that years team Had EVERYONE on the IR for extended stretches. Beleive it wasnt till march where we had the full roster available for the first time since game 1

I hope so.

We have no kids to play

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Talbot looked absolutely useless on that last goal. Cam Turtlespeed. He needs to wake up, as does everyone else.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's been over since game 3. You could just feel it.

Game 2.

I think our main problem over the years has been our scouting. Teams like Nashville and Tampa have tremendous scouting and continue to pump out good prospects which means that they dont have to go out and overpay for players via trade/free agency. If I were Katz I would offer tremendous money to bring in the best scouts around the globe. But I guess he likes having the OBC members around

IMO that and piss poor player development have absolutely sewered this team for 15 years.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007

Well they do have a problem with their decision-making. That Reinhart thing still drives me nuts. Passing on Barzal was an own-goal. I can't let it go.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
This loss officially marks the end of the season and a re-tool towards next year. They simply don't have a chance anymore, if anyone is playing injured rest them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad