Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad, McCann to PIT for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd ('19) & two 4th rounders (both '19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Pens fan with 2 cents. I have always loved McCann so i really am looking forward to him but i think this trade is simple: a win/win trade. Panthers will be opening up so much cap room for what they really want and the Pens get younger longer-signed players. Brassard/Sheahan in Pittsburgh SUCKED. Brassard especially. But that's because they just didn't fit. It's happened before.

I honestly don't think Florida cares how they play because the idea here is Bob/Panarin. Win/win? I think so.
Pretty much agreed. Bjugstad just wasn’t very good here but he doesn’t have to be that kind of go to guy in Pittsburgh and I think he’ll flourish.

Reactions: ColePens

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
FWIW-Reimer's cap hit is only 950k next year if bought out, but 3.2 million in 2021. Maybe just shoot your shot in 2020, let Hoffman walk after next year? Idk. I didn't realize how much Florida saves with a buyout (almost 2.5 million this summer)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
It doesnt necessarily have to be Panarin this summer BTW. We could go with Bob and Stone. Stone and Barky would be insanely good defensively, and maybe the price difference between Stone and Panarin would allow us to keep Daddy and Hoffman. Heck, we could even offer sheet Marner.

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
It's also important to remember what we had when he got here was garbage. Stephen Weiss was our best player. He's had some misses in the 1st round, but its hockey who hasn't. Tallon's goal has been to draft and develop strong talent down the middle Barkov, Trocheck, Borgstrom. Check. He's opportunistically gotten us 3 stud wingers for almost nothing. Dadonov, Hoff, Huberdeau. He is almost done with a strong defense Ekblad is coming around, Yandle has been great, Matheson should revert back to the mean eventually.

As for the expansion draft, Would anyone here agree that Marchessault and Reilly Smith are better and should be paid more than Dadonov and Hoffman? Honest to god question, can anyone in good faith make that argument?

We are sitting here, loaded with picks, loaded with cash, and with two fine Russian boys who want to come down and enjoy the sunshine and maybe play a little hockey. It has taken longer than most would have liked, but if everything comes full circle; we don't just have a playoff team; we have a Stanley Cup contender for at least 3-4 years.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It's also important to remember what we had when he got here was garbage. Stephen Weiss was our best player. He's had some misses in the 1st round, but its hockey who hasn't. Tallon's goal has been to draft and develop strong talent down the middle Barkov, Trocheck, Borgstrom. Check. He's opportunistically gotten us 3 stud wingers for almost nothing. Dadonov, Hoff, Huberdeau. He is almost done with a strong defense Ekblad is coming around, Yandle has been great, Matheson should revert back to the mean eventually.

As for the expansion draft, Would anyone here agree that Marchessault and Reilly Smith are better and should be paid more than Dadonov and Hoffman? Honest to god question, can anyone in good faith make that argument?

We are sitting here, loaded with picks, loaded with cash, and with two fine Russian boys who want to come down and enjoy the sunshine and maybe play a little hockey. It has taken longer than most would have liked, but if everything comes full circle; we don't just have a playoff team; we have a Stanley Cup contender for at least 3-4 years.
A wise man once said “winning forgives everything”

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Offload bjugstad and McCann contracts, take back brassard and Sheahan but both will be ufa’s so it works out perfectly. Got a 2nd and two 4ths to offload contracts lol love it

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Only way this trade makes sense is if it’s part of a bigger trade
It's for the summer.

To recap, in addition to this trade, Florida is all in on Bob and Panarin, Reimer is a strong buyout candidate, and if Florida can't get back in the race Brassard and Sheahan will be moved for more picks.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Heyho its been a while since i posted had a lot of things to do. But you know i has to come.

I think what happen, has to be happen. We all know Bjugstad and McCann was the big names out there to be moved out and with McGinn already waived, the bigger sense of this trade is clear.

Tallon want another Draft Picks and now he get his 2nd Rounder back, and two player to end the Season with. What happen afterwards no one knows. But i guess they will pass on both of them,
both contracts run out of the Season. So nothing big, nothing unusual, team want depth and dont care about cap Situation and a Team want to get off some Cap you dont really need.

Im not a big Bjugstad Fan, but i hope he find his 2nd Spring on the Team and have a good Career there. McCann nothing good nothing bad, only lack of scoring. I would say even Goc played the Role better then McCann. They give him another change but again, unable to jump over the Shadow.

And we have still 5-6 Pk Player left on the Team.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007

Well, he's had a decade to do it, they better end up being a legit playoff team. If he can't turn a team into a reliable playoff contender after ten years at the helm he's in the wrong business, I'm not going to laud the guy for finally getting it right. No doubt he deserves some credit, but I feel a simple pat on the back suffices.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
he's made it obvious to the NHL world what his plan is. If he fails, it will blow up in his face spectacularly.
I agree but disagree as well. I think this was a pretty good deal without the Panarin thing. Bjugstad was essentially useless in my opinion and McCann was meh. He knows we’re not making the playoffs so he sold the scraps that are worth a little. I think regardless of if he gets them or not this was actually a damn good deal.

Reactions: klabob

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I agree but disagree as well. I think this was a pretty good deal without the Panarin thing. Bjugstad was essentially useless in my opinion and McCann was meh. He knows we’re not making the playoffs so he sold the scraps that are worth a little. I think regardless of if he gets them or not this was actually a damn good deal.
agree completely that the deal on it's own is fine. But if you are going to leak it to the entire hockey world that you are whale hunting and completely strike out, you are going to end up with some mega egg on your face.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Dale's job in the offseason is to offer CBJ (or whoever CBJ deals Bob and Bread to) a few picks to get negotiating rights like we did with Yandle, but that might not even be necessary at this point.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
agree completely that the deal on it's own is fine. But if you are going to leak it to the entire hockey world that you are whale hunting and completely strike out, you are going to end up with some mega egg on your face.
Agreed but I think everyone could tell we wanted Bob. The rest was pretty much assured too.

Reactions: Beezeral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad