Confirmed with Link: Bjugstad, McCann to PIT for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd ('19) & two 4th rounders (both '19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This is a bad trade if we don't get Bobrovsky and Panarin.

Brassard has been terrible on Pittsburgh. 2nd Round Pick has 35% chance of becoming an NHL player, 4th Rnd picks have a 7% chance?

Even if we dont, Sheahan and Brassard are expiring.

And Brassard likely doesnt play at all. This trade wont be as good if we dont get Bob and Bread. But it is still good overall. It gives us a chance to use the money and extra assets elsewhere.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013

Brassard has been terrible on Pittsburgh. 2nd Round Pick has 35% chance of becoming an NHL player, 4th Rnd picks have a 7% chance?

At least it means we are sellers and Tallon isn't making a roadie run to the 8th spot.
If they get either it's fantastic. This move gives them space for Breadman, still need a resolution at goalie to get Bob though.

Well even if the Cats were trying to acquire Rovsky they'd still need to get rid off either Reimer or Lu so that's another trade that has to take place...

Most likely thing is Lu retiring or going on LTIR, otherwise they need to give up picks/prospects and move Reimer

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Dale's gonna be tapped out with all this in season action.

His golf game is taking a huge hit here.

Players go on a ten game losing streak while complaining that they have no idea who is in charge of the organization "is it Dale who's making these trades?..."

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

At least it means we are sellers and Tallon isn't making a roadie run to the 8th spot.

Bjugstad was a waste of a roster spot and a cap dump who had 3 years left. Brassard is better than him and is a UFA.

McCann was just a warm body, nothing special imo. Same goes for Sheahan.

The picks are just the icing on the cake.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Bjugstad was a waste of a roster spot and a cap dump who had 3 years left. Brassard is better than him and is a UFA.

McCann was just a warm body, nothing special imo. Same goes for Sheahan.

The picks are just the icing on the cake.

Brassard is 31 and has 12 points this year. He is going to get worse

Reactions: klabob

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Lu ain't gonna tap out willingly now that the roster is one top4 RD and maybe one loaf of bread short of being a serious contender.
Either way this trade (and Lebrun and Bobby Mack confirmed it) means Florida is all in on at least 1 Jacket, so I'm excited. Granted, if they miss out on everyone and get Seabrook or someone this will be a disaster. But for the next few months at least I love this deal.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Either way this trade (and Lebrun and Bobby Mack confirmed it) means Florida is all in on at least 1 Jacket, so I'm excited. Granted, if they miss out on everyone and get Seabrook or someone this will be a disaster. But for the next few months at least I love this deal.
I know we need a tendy but man, I want Panarin. Haha

-ghoste

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Tallon gets us both Panarin and Bobrovsky or even stone, I’m going to pretend like I had faith in him all along. Also a top 4 D is acceptable as well.

Reactions: klabob

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Sportsnet reporting Reimer's a buyout candidate in June. This day just keeps getting better.

Edit-somehow I attached some work I was doing to my posts and I have no idea how I did that lmao

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-1_15-44-1.png
    upload_2019-2-1_15-44-1.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 37

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens fan with 2 cents. I have always loved McCann so i really am looking forward to him but i think this trade is simple: a win/win trade. Panthers will be opening up so much cap room for what they really want and the Pens get younger longer-signed players. Brassard/Sheahan in Pittsburgh SUCKED. Brassard especially. But that's because they just didn't fit. It's happened before.

I honestly don't think Florida cares how they play because the idea here is Bob/Panarin. Win/win? I think so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad