Better goal scorer: Zibanejad or Pastrnak?

Who is the better goal scorer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Seen some opinions recently that MikaZ is a better goal scorer than everybody not named Ovechkin.

I think it comes down to Ranger fans being starved for top end talent for so long - that when something good comes along they want to anoint them early as the best. He's not the best goal-scorer in the league anymore than their goalie is the best goalie in the league.

Zibanejad just had a great season - but it's the first time he ever tops 30 goals. Pastrnak has done that 4x and is 3 years younger.

It's not impossible for Zibanjad to repeat this performance and have this be the new norm for him, and if so he certainly has an argument to be as good/better than Pastrnak - but until I see him repeat i'll vote for Pastrnak.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Zibanejad had a 55% higher shooting % this year than he did his last couple years. It's a safe bet to assume he will not repeat the goalscoring success in the future. Pastrnak has been a premier goalscorer for years now.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Z-bad may have indeed taken a leap into elite territory, it certainly looked as though he did as visually, he was a force this season, but he has to do it again to be rated above Pasta based on track record IMO.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Zibby always had a bomb of a shot,it was receiving the proper support that unlocked him...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think it comes down to Ranger fans being starved for top end talent for so long - that when something good comes along they want to anoint them early as the best. He's not the best goal-scorer in the league anymore than their goalie is the best goalie in the league.

Zibanejad just had a great season - but it's the first time he ever tops 30 goals. Pastrnak has done that 4x and is 3 years younger.

It's not impossible for Zibanjad to repeat this performance and have this be the new norm for him, and if so he certainly has an argument to be as good/better than Pastrnak - but until I see him repeat i'll vote for Pastrnak.
I wish I could debate this but I can’t. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad