Best Rivalry in the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Best rivalry in the NHL?

• Total voters

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
pens and caps. they play playoff games in the RS for crying out loud. insanely exciting. don't even get me started on the playoffs

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
I'd almost rather watch the Pens play the Caps than watch the team I cheer for play, lol. Those games just feel different, even in the regular season. Fast paced and always even, whether it's 2-1 or 7-6.

If I were to introduce a new fan to the sport, I'd throw on a Pens-Caps game. It's the most fun you can have watching hockey these days, honestly.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Pens-Flyers should be an option over half of those on there...

I'll vote Pens-Caps although I imagine it's past its peak.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Pens and Caps.

I think Hughes vs Kakko can potentially be a mini Crosby vs. Ovechkin. NYR and NYD should have rekindled rivalry rather quickly.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Definitely Pens and Caps

It can easily be topped though. Have Boston and Habs meet in playoffs or Oilers and Flames or Leafs and Habs and they're ahead. But its been a while so those are a bit more lukewarm today

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Flames-Oilers aren't even close to the best rivalry until they play an important game. Haven't in almost 30 years.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
TOR and Boston currently

Tor and Sabres too. This is a fan rivalry more than anything even though it is becoming a player one too with Marchands comments and Pasta's. But even though the Sabres suck, they play the Leafs hard every time and love beating them and the Leafs players don't really like them.

Always a good game.

Reactions: Nabrules

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins-Habs is always there regardless of what players are on the team or how successful either team is. Not to the degree that it has been at certain points in their history, but there is always hatred there regardless.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Right now, it’s got to be Vegas and San Jose. The games between Toronto and Boston are like non-contact recreational league in hockey compared to the games between those two. In addition, each of SJ and Vegas have actually won a playoff series against one another. Boston has beat up on Toronto every time they’ve played.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Right now, it’s got to be Vegas and San Jose. The games between Toronto and Boston are like non-contact recreational league in hockey compared to the games between those two. In addition, each of SJ and Vegas have actually won a playoff series against one another. Boston has beat up on Toronto every time they’ve played.
Pretty much agree, Toronto and Boston probably 2nd in terms of on the ice, 1st between the fans due to numbers. But I think VGK SJS would be my top rivalry as of now.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Flames / Oilers would be magical in the playoffs.

Sharks and Vegas has been good 2 years in a row. So has Kings Vegas, but just 1 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad