Value of: Bertuzzi to a Contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Saad is older, so you’re comparing apples to oranges if your comparing careers. It’s also your speculation that Chicago wanted a first round pick and that Bertuzzi’s career won’t be remotely close to Saad. You’re also comparing a UFA return to Bertuzzi. Hartman returned a first round draft pick, Kapanen returned a 15th OVR +, Tatar returned a first, second, and third. Those are just the past couple years off the top of my head with similar or worse numbers than Bert. That poster brought up stylistic comparison because a lot of things Bert does doesn’t show up on the stat sheet...

If Yzerman were to trade him I could see the package including a first rounder + or solid prospect. If you read through this thread you will see said offers from different fan bases because they see the value in Bert.

What makes the comparison even better is that Bert has a better PPG over his career despite playing for God-awful Detroit teams, whereas Saad has spent half his career married to either Kane or Toews.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
True, they have nothing in common player style wise. I never said they did.
It's a fair assessment in value that you don't have to agree on.

Keep Bertuzzi as part of your rebuild.
Because selling him now you would be asking for too much on a player that has already hit his ceiling.

You've yet to give an opinion on what fair value is --ask for a first and second pick and you will be trolled off this board. Instead you want to troll me.

Keep Bertuzzi I'll bet the house Bertuzzi can only hit 20 goals or 50 points when Detroit has losing seasons.
Let's say Detroit has a winning record in 2023 will he be a 50 point player on a RedWings winning or any winning NHL team.

No, no and no. His role expands because the Wings are miserable.
You do know Saad was top 6 on Cup teams right?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
This argument is riddled with flaws, but I’m glad that you came to the conclusion that if you cut a players playing time by 25% or more, their production is likely to drop
Of course it's riddled with flaws, there is no flawless way to say how a player will perform on another team. But if Bertuzzi goes to a team with more talent, hius ice-time is going to drop because on better teams, he's not a first line player.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Sakic isn't the type to put up a huge package for Bertuzzi, as he doesn't really get into bidding wars. Newhook + Byram are not on the table.

A realistic Avs offer would be something like Graves + 1st. So it would entirely depend on how much Yzerman values Graves, but I imagine it wouldn't be enough and that's where the conversation would end.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Sakic isn't the type to put up a huge package for Bertuzzi, as he doesn't really get into bidding wars. Newhook + Byram are not on the table.

A realistic Avs offer would be something like Graves + 1st. So it would entirely depend on how much Yzerman values Graves, but I imagine it wouldn't be enough and that's where the conversation would end.

I wouldn’t do it, but it’s also understandable that Sakic wouldn’t have those assets on the table. Colorado’s coming into the area of a cap max team once they re-sign Landeskog and Makar. They need to keep those cost-controlled studs.

I dunno if they could even make cap work long term with Bert without moving something like Kadri or Burakovsky.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Signed to a reasonable contract say 5 x 5 Bertuzzi's value is every bit as much as Mantha's similar scoring pace and all. So Yzerman would want a similar younger player back a 1st and 2nd round pick and a cap dump. Graves and a 1st alone doesn't cut since the 1st is going to be late anyways.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Not trying to be mean. He already hit his ceiling. On a good team he's not a 20G scorer he's closer to 35pts whereas with the Wings he could put up +50pts

15G 20A type player

Okay, 2nd and 3rd rounder is pretty fair value. Maybe I bid low but not horribly low
lmao. why do y'all gotta go into threads about players you have clearly never seen. my god

just a waste of everyone's time. to suggest bertuzzi is a 35pt player is quite simply ludicrous.
he's better than mantha.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Of course it's riddled with flaws, there is no flawless way to say how a player will perform on another team. But if Bertuzzi goes to a team with more talent, hius ice-time is going to drop because on better teams, he's not a first line player.

Mantha has been a 2nd line, 2nd PP unit player for Washington and his production has gone up.

First off, you're getting lesser matchups. Secondly, you're playing in a better system.

If the last few games have been any evidence of Detroit's style, it shows that they basically just try to defend their way to a lucky goal and a win.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Mantha has been a 2nd line, 2nd PP unit player for Washington and his production has gone up.

First off, you're getting lesser matchups. Secondly, you're playing in a better system.

If the last few games have been any evidence of Detroit's style, it shows that they basically just try to defend their way to a lucky goal and a win.
As I said, it depends on the team and fit. We see players move to new teams and sometimes they do better, the rest of the time they do worse. My whole point is just because someone is saying they think someone will do worse, it isn't necessarily a bad opinion, or trolling as the guy was accused of.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I wouldn’t do it, but it’s also understandable that Sakic wouldn’t have those assets on the table. Colorado’s coming into the area of a cap max team once they re-sign Landeskog and Makar. They need to keep those cost-controlled studs.

I dunno if they could even make cap work long term with Bert without moving something like Kadri or Burakovsky.
The last time the Avalanche experimented with someone associated with Uncle Todd it was a disaster. Trading for someone who already has been booed ever time he touched the puck in our arena is problematic at best.

Given the tight cap next year, the Avalanche are better off finding cheaper options for a Middle Six wing.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
What makes the comparison even better is that Bert has a better PPG over his career despite playing for God-awful Detroit teams, whereas Saad has spent half his career married to either Kane or Toews.
Well that doesn’t help that user’s claim that he’s a 30-35 pt player on a contender. Nor has that user accounted for QoC/QoT in their claim but merely adjust for points by multiplying Bert’s p/60 with a 25-30% reduction when their is multiple metrics that need to be accounted for. That user also has mentioned Zadorov but has mentioned that Saad in his 24-25 age season was traded for Panarin. I’m not saying Bert is worth anything remotely close to that but rather how someone is cherry picking what to bring in to fit their narrative.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Bowman has a weird habit of making bad trades involving Saad.
Definitely an odd trade, but my point was really how that user failed to mention that trade so seems a bit like cherry picking & using stats incorrectly to fit a narrative. They using their own speculation as facts and saying people on this board would laugh at a first rounder when multiple in this thread are happy to offer said package.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Definitely an odd trade, but my point was really how that user failed to mention that trade so seems a bit like cherry picking & using stats incorrectly to fit a narrative. They using their own speculation as facts and saying people on this board would laugh at a first rounder when multiple in this thread are happy to offer said package.
And it’s hard to know hat value GMs will send and get back in a trade. I’m sure some old school GMs would place more value on a player like Bertuzzi.

I am curious was there discussion about trading for Brendan Lemieux by Detroit fans and the reaction there?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The last time the Avalanche experimented with someone associated with Uncle Todd it was a disaster. Trading for someone who already has been booed ever time he touched the puck in our arena is problematic at best.

Given the tight cap next year, the Avalanche are better off finding cheaper options for a Middle Six wing.

Meh. If you’re not gonna make a trade because your fan base boos the guy for something somebody not even in his immediate family did, you’ve got a shitty fan base lol.

Reactions: SirloinUB

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
And it’s hard to know hat value GMs will send and get back in a trade. I’m sure some old school GMs would place more value on a player like Bertuzzi.

I am curious was there discussion about trading for Brendan Lemieux by Detroit fans and the reaction there?
I can’t say I’ve ever see a Detroit fan inquire about his value/availability. We have other significant deficiencies in our roster that a bottom six forward doesn’t rank to high plus if we need grit we have Bertuzzi, Erne, and Smith.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Signed to a reasonable contract say 5 x 5 Bertuzzi's value is every bit as much as Mantha's similar scoring pace and all. So Yzerman would want a similar younger player back a 1st and 2nd round pick and a cap dump. Graves and a 1st alone doesn't cut since the 1st is going to be late anyways.

I did say that it most likely wouldn't be enough, but Joe isn't going to offer more. I was simply replying to the notion that the Avs would have Newhook or a larger package on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad