Value of: Bertuzzi to a Contender

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Tyler Bertuzzi is a 26 year old RFA LW with a very unique skill set. For those not familiar with him, he is an agitator with a nose for the net. Think young Marchand before the scoring explosion/weirdness (licking/biting). Bert is the kind of winger that you notice even when he’s not on the score sheet, he elevates his game in the playoffs (has a history of this in the minors/AHL).

I put contender in the title because those are the only teams who would value Bert as high as Detroit does. He is the kind of player that could put a team that is close over the top. The Wings are looking for C, LD, and G prospects, and 2022 1st round picks. Can take back cap dumps, adjust value accordingly.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
With Bertuzzi missing nearly the entire season, Detroit is not likely to get the value they would want. Not that I’d even want them to trade Bertuzzi in the first place

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Guy hasn't played this year, last RFA year before hitting UFA, so the team would either need to sign him LT, or 1 year deal and hope he signs back. His value won't be THAT high to a contender considerinf he'll either be looking to get paid LT, or sign a 1year deal and head to UFA

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think you'd actually get more from a non contender if they can feel he'd be locked up with then going forward. Not something you build around but they may be deeper with prospects willing to part with to get actual roster players.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think you'd actually get more from a non contender if they can feel he'd be locked up with then going forward. Not something you build around but they may be deeper with prospects willing to part with to get actual roster players.

Two problems with that, Detroit is going to want back what a non-contender needs: futures, and Bertuzzi is already 26 which means you only get 2-3 years before he starts to decline.

I also don't know if a contender would be a good fit since he's about to get very expensive.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Timmins + from Colorado. Bertuzzi on L2 with Kadri and Burakovsky sounds good to me.
Detroit has Hronek, Seider, and Stetcher as RD next year with Lindstrom & Tuomisto on deck so Timmins isn’t an asset we should be after as he’s not a LD or C.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Timmins + from Colorado. Bertuzzi on L2 with Kadri and Burakovsky sounds good to me.

Bertuzzi to Colorado would actually be probably the best fit.
Timmins plus isn't enough. Bert has a lot of value and could replace Bura or Saad if they leave in expansion draft or free agency
The price is Newhook plus.
Yes a lot of Colorado fans don't want to give us Newhook understandbly. I would ask for Byram but I know that is a non starter.
Colorado's window is right now and you saw the huge haul we got for Mantha.

Reactions: Realgud

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Bertuzzi to Colorado would actually be probably the best fit.
Timmins plus isn't enough. Bert has a lot of value and could replace Bura or Saad if they leave in expansion draft or free agency
The price is Newhook plus.
Yes a lot of Colorado fans don't want to give us Newhook understandbly. I would ask for Byram but I know that is a non starter.
Colorado's window is right now and you saw the huge haul we got for Mantha.
The fact one GM was stupid enough to overpay for a 50pts winger doesn't mean everyone will. Especially when said winger is 1 ywar away from being a UFA.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Bertuzzi isn’t being traded when (a) he hasn’t played all year
- no GM is trading for a guy who has barely been on the ice in the last calendar year - and (b) he isn’t being traded without a contract.

Dumb timing for this thread.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I wish my Sharks had the pieces for him. He's pretty underrated, imo. Strikes me as the type of player that a contender adds to put them over the top rather than a player you build around though.

His hands are the best kept secret in the NHL. He doesn’t even have to be playing well to put up points, he has such impressive anticipation. I would’ve killed to see him play with Datsyuk. He can keep pace with anyone.

I really hope the injury he had this season, whatever the issue is, doesn’t derail him too much. He’s got Marchand-lite potential, or Gallagher+.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Maybe something around Vaakanainen + 1st/2nd + Vladar if Rask gets an extension and Swayman continues this.
I dont think he lands here though.

Reactions: Sevendust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad