Proposal: Benn/Seguin for Extended Duchene/Stone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hypothetically, if Dallas were in a situation where their play slips and they are outside a playoff spot and the relationship with Benn and Seguin slips even further so they both ask for trades. I'd go by Friedman's prediction for salaries for Duchene and Stone (both I'm the 8 million range, for argument I'll say 6x8m each assuming they are happy to have Dallas tax situation).

Benn + Seguin
For
Stone + Duchene

Do you think either side would do it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I would Flip Benn for Either, But Not Seguin for Either.
So Overall I'd Say pass.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Even with the age of Benn, I personally would be pretty upset if those two were shipped for Duchene and Stone. I love Stones game, but on one hand you have two players who have shown the ability to be Hart level players versus two players who are in their own right very talented players but I wouldn’t consider them superstars, and in turn borderline stars yet nonetheless 1st/high tier 2nd liners (Duchene, not Stone).

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Even with the age of Benn, I personally would be pretty upset if those two were shipped for Duchene and Stone. I love Stones game, but on one hand you have two players who have shown the ability to be Hart level players versus two players who are in their own right very talented players but I wouldn’t consider them superstars, and in turn borderline stars yet nonetheless 1st/high tier 2nd liners (Duchene, not Stone).

I believe you undervalue Stone (who I believe is the best 2-way RW in hockey). He's def got the potential to be in Hart conversations imho. I think Duchene is totally a first line centre at this point top, just far from a high end first line player (definitely a tier below the other players in the trade)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I believe you undervalue Stone (who I believe is the best 2-way RW in hockey). He's def got the potential to be in Hart conversations imho. I think Duchene is totally a first line centre at this point top, just far from a high end first line player (definitely a tier below the other players in the trade)

I mean we are definitely all allowed to our opinions and I can see why you would think that. I wasn’t trying to knock Stone, I think he’s a very very good 1st line player. I just don’t think he is the game changer type that typically get labeled as superstars in this league

standers

Dec 1, 2015
No deal... Duchene doesn't have near the value of the other 3. Would probably ranked something like this, in terms of value

1. Seguin
2. Benn
2a. Stone
3. Duchene

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think Benn and Stone share very similar value. I think Stone is pretty underrated but a legit talent. However Seguin is noticibly better than Duchene, and worth more in a bubble. Cant see Dallas liking this.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
From a fan of neither team, this is actually a pretty well thought out deal.

Two faces of the franchise, where both franchises need a change of faces.

I feel bad for Sens fans on the Duchene bit. Reminds me of us when we dealt for Kessel and ended up handing the Bruins Seguin. Neither team was supposed to be bad enough to hand a lottery pick to the teams we dealt with.

As the years rolled on though, Kessel was good, and we got some assets back for him. Trade doesn't look like the absolute robbery that it did initially. I hope it works out the same for the Sens.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Hypothetically, if Dallas were in a situation where their play slips and they are outside a playoff spot and the relationship with Benn and Seguin slips even further so they both ask for trades. I'd go by Friedman's prediction for salaries for Duchene and Stone (both I'm the 8 million range, for argument I'll say 6x8m each assuming they are happy to have Dallas tax situation).

Benn + Seguin
For
Stone + Duchene

Do you think either side would do it.
Benn and Seguin alone are worth more than those two combined.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
No they aren’t. I don’t do this if I’m Dallas either but that’s a bad assessment. Stone is being criminally underrated as usual
Current season aside when has Stone and or Duchene ever outperformed Benn or Seguin in a full season? Even in Benn's bad season of 16/17 he still was better than Stone or Duchene.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Stone was above PPG last year on the worst team in the league?
annnnnnd? Actually Buffalo was the worst team last season. Benn and Seguin's worst full season far surpasses either Stone and Duchene's best season. Not saying Stone is not a good player but neither him or Duchene are on Benn and Seguin's level.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
annnnnnd? Benn and Seguins worst full season far surpasses either Stone and Duchene's best season. Not saying Stone is not a good player but neither him or Duchene are on Benn and Seguin's level.

Stone is definitely on Benn’s level over the past two years, which are the most relevant. He’s also 3 years younger, which increases his value. If he’s signed to the same cap hit and term as Benn moving forward I’d rather have him. It’s the gap between Seguin and Duchene that makes this deal a no go for Dallas

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
I think Benn and Stone share very similar value. I think Stone is pretty underrated but a legit talent. However Seguin is noticibly better than Duchene, and worth more in a bubble. Cant see Dallas liking this.

Agree, the way Benn has played so far this season I would rank him and Stone prit near the same

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Benn and Seguin are better than Duchene and Stone, and the idea of Melnyk paying $20M to two players is laughable.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Eugene Melnyk has a literal aneurysm when he needs to hand out $16+ million in bonuses next July 1st.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Ludicrous proposal thread. Makes zero sense for the Stars whom would benefit from addition/s to the top-six, not nonsensical lateral moves like this. If this were a value of type thread, it's understandable.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No deal... Duchene doesn't have near the value of the other 3. Would probably ranked something like this, in terms of value

1. Seguin
2. Benn
2a. Stone
3. Duchene
This is exactly what I came here to post. I think Seguin/Benn/Stone are all pretty similar in value (especially if Stone gets extended) but Duchene is just a notch or two below them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad