Confirmed with Link: Beleskey to Boston (5 years/19m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Wow tough crowd around here. I have 2 Lucic jerseys and a t-shirt. Him being dealt crushed me like nobody since Bourque!

Aside from draft day my faith is restored ...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Beleskey a third liner for you guys?

I don't think so,watched tsn yesterday
and one of the guy's had it all right,
why give a third line role to a breakout
player who played a 1st line for a team
that was one of the best in west
and then wonder and criticize
after the season why he couldn't produce.

From Ducks first line to Bruins third line?
that's mad,total insanity,never gonna happen,
he didn't sign for you to play third line role.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
We'll see how the defense pans out, but I'm almost at the point where I'd bet money that the Bruins are in the post-season next year.

The problem is that it wasn't even a question for us during last offseason and look how that turned out.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I really like Beleskey. However, I was very concerned about the contract he would get. Just a few days ago I said that I wouldn't go over $3.75M AAV for him. Thought he would easily (and undeservedly) get a lot more. I thought he'd get 6yrs $30M from someone based on last season+playoffs. I still think he's slightly overpaid, but I do think that he'll be a good fit with the Bruins.

I've seen some people comparing Kelly, Smith, Hayes and Beleskey as 3rd liners. Here are some comparative stats (last 3 years, including playoffs):

PLAYER | GP | GOALS | ASSISTS | POINTS | Gper60 | Aper60 | Pper60 | ATOI | PrimaryA | Corsi% | Fenwick% | PersonalUnblockedSh% | Hits | TakeGiveDiff | $AAV$
Matt Beleskey | 190 | 51 | 34 | 85 | 1.20 | 0.80 | 1.99 | 13:28 | 19 | 53.19 | 53.07 | 8.85 | 507 | -34 | $3.80M
Jimmy Hayes | 137 | 31 | 26 | 57 | 1.01 | 0.85 | 1.86 | 13:26 | 18 | 54.30 | 53.49 | 9.12 | 273 | +13 | ??
Chris Kelly | 193 | 21 | 36 | 57 | 0.43 | 0.75 | 1.18 | 15:01 | 19 | 45.86 | 45.42 | 6.21 | 288 | +46 | $3.0M
Reilly Smith | 212 | 40 | 65 | 105 | 0.79 | 1.28 | 2.06 | 14:25 | 41 | 60.74 | 59.48 | 8.26 | 164 | -7 | $3.425M

You can make your own conclusions.

:handclap:

This year, Beleskey scored at a 27.7 goal pace (he played 65 games)

Hayes scored at a 21.6 goal pace (72 games)

This are really nice pickups, especially for the prices

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
thx, that`s alot of space

imagine if they ship out Kelly for a pick too? 11.9m in space. Resign Connolly and Hayes for combined 4m, gives you 7.9m for a top 4 D signing and whatever else needed to improve the club (depth guys on 1 year deals to maintain cap flexibility)

Anyone know the details on the overage from Dougie? 969k worth

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
imagine if they ship out Kelly for a pick too? 11.9m in space. Resign Connolly and Hayes for combined 4m, gives you 7.9m for a top 4 D signing and whatever else needed to improve the club (depth guys on 1 year deals to maintain cap flexibility)

Anyone know the details on the overage from Dougie? 969k worth

If Spoons gets 950k there's no way Connolly gets $2m is there?! Presuming you were splitting that $4m down the middle. Ideally they'll be on similar packages

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
If Spoons gets 950k there's no way Connolly gets $2m is there?! Presuming you were splitting that $4m down the middle. Ideally they'll be on similar packages

I'm thinking 2.5m for Hayes, probably generous on 1.5m for Connolly, more likely same as Spooner

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Williams signed for a bit less money and I was hoping the Bruins would grab him. Beleskey seems like a quality move to make.

Last edited:

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

He'll have 3rd line stats no matter what.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I really like this deal. Beleskey is no Lucic but he's cheaper and has the potential to be a very,very good player for us; especially when you consider the quality of our centerman. A very astute signing: Beleskey will cost 3.8, Lucic would have cost 6.5-7. That's a saving of 2.5-3 per year....

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Boston tends to roll their lines differently than most teams. Eriksson was on the third line for most of the year here, but he's not a third line player. He'll play where he fits best on and I think that's going to be where Lucic played best on last season and that's with Spooner and Pastrnak on the third line. As long as he's productive on the ice, he'll get around 16 minutes a game, which is what a top six winger usually gets.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Where does he play? I'm thinking with Spooner and Pasta.

I was thinking that too, maybe Spooner and Hayes though.

Beleskey - Spooner - Pastrnak

Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes

Beleskey - Krejci - Hayes (shades of lucic and iginla in size anyway)
Eriksson - Spooner - Pastrnak

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Boston tends to roll their lines differently than most teams. Eriksson was on the third line for most of the year here, but he's not a third line player. He'll play where he fits best on and I think that's going to be where Lucic played best on last season and that's with Spooner and Pastrnak on the third line. As long as he's productive on the ice, he'll get around 16 minutes a game, which is what a top six winger usually gets.

They should put a big guy on each line. Same as last year with spooners line. Goal scorer, center, and a physical guy is the ideal way I would do it. You need someone to keep things in line or a soft line gets pushed around.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

If our "third" line is Beleskey Spooner Pastrnak, he's filling in Lucic's role. We don't have a third line the way most teams do. Also, he moved around Anaheim's lineup a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad