Bedard vs Celebrini vs Hagens vs McKenna

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Celebrini is a great example of the shiny new toy concept.

He’s not in the same tier as Bedard/McKenna, and I think there’s a good sized gap. I don’t think he has 100 point upside.

I actually like Leo Carlsson more than him.

Celebrini is closer to Fantilli for me.
My brother in Christ, McKenna and Hagens are literally the definition of “shiny new toy”. Celebrini is old news because 31 franchises know they aren’t going to draft him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I always cringe when teens who never set foot on NHL ice are called all-around players.

You know what, we'll see. If some of these guys do end up making an NHL roster at Bedard's age, I bet they will have a rough time too.
In the case of Hagens it's true, but it seems like only one or two people have seen him play.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Bedard or Celebrini. Think Celebrini might end up better based on his overall game though those two will be close. Hagens or McKenna not sure but need another year or two to determine so uncertain.
Good dog

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
McKenna may very well surpass Celebrini’s profile when his draft is here, but I’m certainly not betting on that. Right now I would have it

Bedard
Celebrini
McKenna
Hagens

Reactions: ORRFForever

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
We seem to be in a bit of a renaissance of sorts with the quality of the prospects getting spit out last year and for the next three. All four of these guys have elite superstar potential.

Predict how the four will be ranked at the end of their careers.

Bedard
McKenna
Celebrini
Hagens
1 Bedard
2 Mckenna
3 Hagens
4 Celebrini

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Bedard
McKenna
Michkov
Celebrini
Hagens

Odds are at least one European joins the party, and I’m a Michkov man

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
My question is which McKenna are people talking about.

As for James Hagens, I have him being 5-9 or 5-10. Unless he get another inch or two-I do not think he will be a main guy on the team,

Also, Bedard is just considered one step down from a generational player and Celebrini above average player

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My question is which McKenna are people talking about.

As for James Hagens, I have him being 5-9 or 5-10. Unless he get another inch or two-I do not think he will be a main guy on the team,

Also, Bedard is just considered one step down from a generational player and Celebrini above average player
Hagens has consistently been listed at 5'10 for like two years. Not sure where you're getting 5'9 from. He's much more likely 5'11 or 6'0 now than 5'9.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
There is ZERO consensus. Not sure I've seen that before.
I think if this poll were made last summer, it'd be 100% Bedard. But all 3 of Hagens, Mckenna, and Celebrini had really nice breakout seasons, while I think Bedard struggled a bit more than people anticipated (especially with his 200 foot game, and he had a really poor WC).

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Floor:
1 Celebrini
2 Bedard
3 Hagens
4 McKenna

Roof:
1 Hagens
2 Bedard
3 McKenna
4 Celebrini

My bet:
1 Bedard
2 McKenna
3 Hagens
4 Celebrini

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Bedard is currently the best and it's not close. Slightly undersized forward on one of the worst teams in the league and still shinning.

McKenna is #2, nearly a 100 points at 16. Absolute insanity.

The other 2 are franchising changing players regardless. No team is going to be upset with any of them

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
fun exercise and I’ll say it won’t be clear who was best after careers are finished

Gun to my head at this very second- I take Bedard for my team since he’s the only one who’s played in the NHL. Too safe, he’s had success and you’re getting a likely HOFer.

but long term career? I’m going off the board and saying

1. Hagens
2. McKenna
3. Bedard
4. Celebrini

Bonus:
Bedard- most goals
McKenna- most points

Reactions: JotAlan

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
There is ZERO consensus. Not sure I've seen that before.

Celebrini was not even considered a generational talent and people are already asking if he's better than Bedard...

I am really curious to know, now that the dust a settled what is the consensus on Bedard, is he still considered Gen or has he fallen category

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad