Beau Bennett the next Tyler Bozak?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Mar 12, 2009
Who cares? If Beau Benett's career path follow's Tyler Bozak's, he will be a certain disppointment to whoever drafts him. Prospects drafted in the first round don't get six years to develop. The premise of this thread is stupid. Bennett has scored as many points at 18 in the BCHL as Bozak did at 20. Bozak is a 1-in-10,000 late bloomer.

Do you not understand that it was a comparison? As in they play similar styles, not that they will follow the same career path year for year.

Actually it doesn't look like you are alone, people on HF don't seem to get that a comparison does not mean that said player will follow the same path and turn out exactly the same as the player they are compared too. It means he plays a similar style now to the game that Bozak. Why does everyone see "undrafted" and "potential second round pick" and assume the comparisson is terrible?

I'm not saying whether it's a good comparisson or not because I have not seen Bennett, I would however watch both of them play before I made a decision as to the validity of a comparison. In general people seem to miss the point of comparisons and assume "plays like (insert name)" means "will be the next(insert name)".

Same reason everyone freaks out each draft when a guys play style is compared to Sakic or Yzerman.

EDIT: I forgot about the thread title because I actually read the thread, I see why some people are responding the way they are, the thread title is misleading, but no one else read the actual post and picked up that it was a comparison in play and situation and not a guess as to his career path.

Last edited:

bobg1

Sep 21, 2006
bc
I saw Bozak a lot in the BCHL. He was a great skater and saw the ice tremendously. Last year he had a bad knee injury and missed all but 20 games(19 points). While playing for the Marlies he contracted swine flu and lost a lot of weight(about 20 lbs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad