Post-Game Talk: Cats bounce back and kick da broonz out of florida with a 6-1 smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I didn't like those lines last game. Tarasenko is wasted on the third line imo.

Sweet Bennett, come back to us.
theoretically they should work out, Tank hasnt exactly been an offensive powerhouse no matter wheres hes been, although fair point to say hes been shifted around so much hard to get some chemistry down esp from TDL.
1st line should be our savior and is loaded to be, the 2nd line has some chemistry from last year, 3rd line has potential but its brand new and maybe needs some time to manifest (although playoffs is a tough ask and not really the time to do so), and 4th line is the same.

Essentially really only one brand new line.
Tried rearranging them and its just losing benny sucks cause it moves lundy up, id like to move reinhart around but to pair him with stenlund is a waste and a completely new pairing.

Thing is boston isnt some offensive power house but they have the system and depth that limits us to the outside where as tampa was limited in that regard. No idea if having an overloaded line is better or spreading it out across the top 9 is better just waiting for a crack in their defenses.

Need godbrovsky. Not boobtitsky tonight
its really a weakness of this team if he isnt a god were toast.

The avs are really stepping up to defend fourgiev, we have the means to do the same.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Really disagree with PoMo's decision to run the same line. He hasnt done a bad job yet so Ill give him this one time pass, but that shit can turn quickly if they lose and get shutdown tonight.

Same, that 3rd line looked so ineffective. The 1st had some good looks and possession, but it was almost too much skill and not enough bang. A lot of their play was still more to the perimeter or the side. Barkov's good enough to carry his own line, feels wasted to stack them together

I also didn't hate Okposo's game, but feel like we need more speed. Don't get why Gadjo isn't getting a look and wtf is up with Lomberg, it's like he disappeared into a blackhole.

Erod-Barkov-Tank
Verhaghe-Lundell-Tkachuk
Luo-Stenlund-Reino
Cousins-Lorentz-Gadjo

Reactions: Gentle Man

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Same, that 3rd line looked so ineffective. The 1st had some good looks and possession, but it was almost too much skill and not enough bang. A lot of their play was still more to the perimeter or the side. Barkov's good enough to carry his own line, feels wasted to stack them together

I also didn't hate Okposo's game, but feel like we need more speed. Don't get why Gadjo isn't getting a look and wtf is up with Lomberg, it's like he disappeared into a blackhole.

Erod-Barkov-Tank
Verhaghe-Lundell-Tkachuk
Luo-Stenlund-Reino
Cousins-Lorentz-Gadjo
i was writing the same lineups but i got held up on throwing reinhart next to stenlund
I dont think hes bad but i really dont want reinhart to be a ghost potentially, rather have reino on barkys left and erod with stenlund since those two dont seem too bad together

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
One of the most interesting questions going into this game is, if Ek fights Maroon, can the ice withstand the pressure of their weight or will it crack?
1715200337001.jpeg

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
i was writing the same lineups but i got held up on throwing reinhart next to stenlund
I dont think hes bad but i really dont want reinhart to be a ghost potentially, rather have reino on barkys left and erod with stenlund since those two dont seem too bad together

Totally fair. I had a similar hesitation, but Stenlund has shown some flashes of skill and Luo's not bad himself. I just think Tank is wasted on line 3...

Tank is better on RW, but I think having him up on LW line 1 is better than burying him. Lines 1/2 are basically 1A/1B, then 3rd can be more shut-down as its basically our 2nd PK.

Tank-Barkov-Reino
Verhaeghe-Lundell-Tkachuk
Luo-Stenlund-Erod
Cousins-Lorentz-Gadjo

Reactions: iam76 and BeezKnees

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Game 2 and game 6 last year vs Boston were the only times since the start of the 2022 playoffs where Bob didn't have to be 1 of the 3 stars to win (and he didn't even play game 2 last year lol). If he's just decent/good they don't win. Like Monday. He was fine and they lost by 4 goals hahaha :(

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Totally fair. I had a similar hesitation, but Stenlund has shown some flashes of skill and Luo's not bad himself. I just think Tank is wasted on line 3...

Tank is better on RW, but I think having him up on LW line 1 is better than burying him. Lines 1/2 are basically 1A/1B, then 3rd can be more shut-down as its basically our 2nd PK.

Tank-Barkov-Reino
Verhaeghe-Lundell-Tkachuk
Luo-Stenlund-Erod
Cousins-Lorentz-Gadjo
Stenny is highly underrated, dudes got skills.
Id give it a try if it were regular season game, but trying out something new and potentially goin 0-2 just doesnt sit right with me, then again it could be the missing puzzle piece until benny gets back, who knows, my dumbass certainly doesnt.

Any time i watch tank on the left side he is just slightly off on his passing and shooting. Guy possibly has the 3rd best wrister on the team and id like that to be in the spot he feels best in. Plus most of reinharts goals come from the middle anyway

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

The guy that picked Vegas and Leafs to win is now picking Bruins. 100% a reverse sweep now.

if you expect any media to actually give our franchise respect than your crazy... They will literally need us to win the cup 3 times to acknowledge we were good ever....

same reason we have 12 fans.... but we actually lead post season attendance...

people suck... hopefully ekblad sucks less.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I still don't understand why we are suddenly putting Tkachuk and Barkov together when we didn't do that the series before and the rest of the season.

Put Barkov back with one or both of Tank or Reinhart. That was working imo.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I still don't understand why we are suddenly putting Tkachuk and Barkov together when we didn't do that the series before and the rest of the season.

Put Barkov back with one or both of Tank or Reinhart. That was working imo.
Believe we swapped to it in the tampa series game 5 3rd period with good success

Reactions: Felidae

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Swayman had a lot of shots, but not a lot felt that dangerous. I think he had it easy and allowing him easier saves on lots of shots just boosts his confidence. We need to put more bodies to the net and make him uncomfortable, he had it way too easy IMO. Full credit too to the B's defense for boxing us out, but we can't have that continue.
Need to Get traffic in front.
Team has to be really hard to play against.
Can't take Boston lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad