Pre-Game Talk: Battle of Alberta on HNIC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Been saying it since he got traded but I do think Huberdeau will struggle 5 on 5 this season to put up points.
obviously one game, but he wasn't creating chances every time he was on the ice like little Johnny was...pretty invisible

Flames got a tired Avs team playing their back up on opening night...it'll be a different story tomorrow

I'm hoping Kane fills in Kadri with a nice clean hit early to set the tone

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Going 11 and 7 on Saturday, Let's Go!!

Just pump the Flames in their barn, show who's the contender and who's the pretender.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Media hype designed as desperate attempt to get city on board that they are contenders. That way they get new toilets and fake panelling in the saddledome.
Wait... you mean their seats aren't toilets already? I swear it smelt like manure last time I was there and the guy sitting to me gave me a guilty pleasure look like he just did a big one.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Does everyone here only get Oilers and Flames, and Wednesday/Saturday national games with the SN NOW tv subscriber package now?

For years and years I've been able to throw on at least one or two American matchups every night to watch in the background making supper or whatever. Now unless its EDM or CGY on weeknights, nothing is "included in my subscription".

Is this how it is now? What a f***ing joke. I guess I'll be sailing from here on out.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Does everyone here only get Oilers and Flames, and Wednesday/Saturday national games with the SN NOW tv subscriber package now?

For years and years I've been able to throw on at least one or two American matchups every night to watch in the background making supper or whatever. Now unless its EDM or CGY on weeknights, nothing is "included in my subscription".

Is this how it is now? What a f***ing joke. I guess I'll be sailing from here on out.

Not sure, but I was a little surprised to see literally no games on Sportsnet yesterday at 5-5:30pm.

I dont know if Baseball playoffs mess it up or not though.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
No games Sunday - is it already US Thanksgiving or something??

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
McDavid's projected stat line on eliteprospects makes me smile...

1665759006692.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm getting tired beating this drum - but for the love of god please just don't start like shit in this game.

At this point it's unfortunately likely that we just aren't a team that will ever barnstorm anyone out of the gate on a consistent basis, but I'm not even looking for that. I'm not sure we connected more than 2 passes in a row until about the 10 min mark of the 1st on Wednesday. Just bare bones competent average is enough for me until we find the groove.

The keep it simple stupid principle has to be mantra with this team at the start of games.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Is the commentating team going to be Cassie/Whoever or Hanarayan/Louie?

Forget the fact the Oilers went further in the playoffs than anyone else. Rogers would actually have to care about the Oilers to have an Edmonton crew cover the Oilers at home on HNIC.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I'm getting tired beating this drum - but for the love of god please just don't start like shit in this game.

At this point it's unfortunately likely that we just aren't a team that will ever barnstorm anyone out of the gate on a consistent basis, but I'm not even looking for that. I'm not sure we connected more than 2 passes in a row until about the 10 min mark of the 1st on Wednesday. Just bare bones competent average is enough for me until we find the groove.

The keep it simple stupid principle has to be mantra with this team at the start of games.
Its only one game and we won, but the Oilers last season got complacent winning games that way as well. The Oil were outplayed overall. I didn't like the lineup. I'm liking it less for this one. One of the chief problems first game was having limited hit energy players in the lineup. Both the team on ice and the crowd were strangely silent. There was just no emotion in first period.

So that I keep wondering what is keeping Nemo and Kostin out of the lineup. They are two instant solutions to amp the games a bit more. Nucks are one of the physically weakest teams in the league and we were outhit in game 1. Flames will finish checks. This isn't the right lineup imo. Why is Malone even here? Now Broberg? I don't get it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Kostin is still working through visa issues, if I’m not mistaken.
My understanding of it is entry from US to Canada is no problem. Only going back to US would represent problem. So that I don't understand why he wouldn't get home usage on this 6 game home stand to start season. Is there reticence coming over? I liked the trade but Kostin is a known character. Has anybody heard anything?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
It's like they build a roster just by finding the most unlikable players available.

Whats with all the Singh hate? I like Jack Michaels better, but I haven't found anything I really dislike about Singh, in fact, I don't really notice his performance (which, compared to some play by play, is just fine by me).

Reactions: Kepler 186f
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad