Blue Jays Discussion: Baseball's back! Maybe (Plan to start late July unless things go sideways)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Beeter is gone

The Dodgers get a competitive balance pick? Wut? Please tell me they traded for this?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
That's never happening for us though. We don't even come close to having enough money for him
Definitely not even in the ballpark for the Jays. Same for Beeter now too.
But signability must have been an issue for Wilcox to slide out of the top-2 rounds.

Beeter gone to the Dodgers.

Reactions: stickty111

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Definitely not even in the ballpark for the Jays. Same for Beeter now too.
But signability must have been an issue for Wilcox to slide out of the top-2 rounds.

Beeter gone to the Dodgers.

They probably could have made Beeter work in round 3 if they really liked him and he was still there. Which obvious he isn't now. They said Wilcox was asking for 3 which the Jays straight up wouldn't have even if they signed everyone except Martin to 1 dollar. Beeter probably could have been had for 1.5 or something I would think. Burn a pick or both picks later.

Reactions: stickty111

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If you want to get rid of the comp pick why not just add a pick that the losing team gets but the signing team doesn't give anything up? There's there's no issue with guys remaining unsigned because teams don't want to lose a pick. The solution seems quite simple.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
They probably could have made Beeter work in round 3 if they really liked him and he was still there. Which obvious he isn't now. They said Wilcox was asking for 3 which the Jays straight up wouldn't have even if they signed everyone except Martin to 1 dollar. Beeter probably could have been had for 1.5 or something I would think. Burn a pick or both picks later.
Exactly - it most likely have required 2 punts, but who knows.....this draft has been all over so far.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If you want to get rid of the comp pick why not just add a pick that the losing team gets but the signing team doesn't give anything up? There's there's no issue with guys remaining unsigned because teams don't want to lose a pick. The solution seems quite simple.

I agree.

as much as I enjoy that the machinations of the MLB draft system creates in terms of getting extra picks or working the system or playing with pool value, it's such a confusing mess with so many backwards-thinking elements that don't seem to work out how they're meant to or cause the effects that would ideally be desired.

It feels less like a sensible system and more like they just keep patching and patching and patching to fix bugs and quirks until it's a rickety awkward jumble with just as many quirks caused by the mish-mash of conflicting fixes as ones that were meant to be fixed by all the tinkering.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Alex Santos the 2nd? What? Shouldn't that be junior? What's next? Someone is going to have a name with "The first" attached? So pumped we drafted Austin Martin I, there's no 2nd Austin Martin but I'm going to attach that there anyway

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Alex Santos the 2nd? What? Shouldn't that be junior? What's next? Someone is going to have a name with "The first" attached? So pumped we drafted Austin Martin I, there's no 2nd Austin Martin but I'm going to attach that there anyway

Austin Martin the 0th.

"I'm not the first. I'm the prototype."

And there goes Jose Cruz Jr.'s son.

Reactions: kb

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
O's don't go for a tough sign again. Do they just have a deal in place with Wilcox for the 5th round that they're so sure about they don't want to waste an earlier pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad