News Article: Bally Sports will have Preds coverage for 2024/25 season

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN

Article says they're attempting to workout a deal that centers around bankruptcy filing and equity swap with some of the creditors to pay off the debts. Not sure how/if this will directly affect the Predators or not. They're considering restructuring deals on the regional/sports level and possibly drop some markets or sports?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If Bally is dropping sports and/or markets then you'd have to think the Preds would be one of the first to go given our fanbase size. I really have no idea how these things work, but my reading of the last two paragraphs makes it sound like the games will stay on Bally for now until a longer term solution is found. Could have interesting cap implications too I would think.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I would think that if Bally goes under before the end of the season and can’t televise games that ESPN+ would lift their blackout criteria.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I would think that if Bally goes under before the end of the season and can’t televise games that ESPN+ would lift their blackout criteria.
The problem is ESPN+ just shows the Bally Sports broadcast so it is unclear to me how that would work if Bally went under. The NHL did put out a statement that games will still be broadcast some way though.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The problem wouldn't be a sudden loss of coverage. It would be the lack of payment to teams if Diamond Sports Group does go into a Chapter 11 filing. It would impact hockey revenues for over 1/3 of the league.

czechczech

Dec 10, 2014
Unable to find the latest on BallySports for the 24-25 Season.

Just read the Preds announcement re: National Broadcasts, but no mention of local home broadcasts.
And I just recieved a BallySports "auto-renew" email.

What are folks planning to do to watch the Preds this year (if not in the arena or a national broadcast)?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Unable to find the latest on BallySports for the 24-25 Season.

Just read the Preds announcement re: National Broadcasts, but no mention of local home broadcasts.
And I just recieved a BallySports "auto-renew" email.

What are folks planning to do to watch the Preds this year (if not in the arena or a national broadcast)?
Haven’t completely made up my mind but since Fubo has Bally, leaning that direction.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Maybe the NHL dropping their digital access platform to let "randos roll the dice" wasn't a great move? Who knew? (Many of us, actually.)

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I have fubo, for sports it’s good
Good to hear. Last season I signed up for the Bally subscription and then had ESPN+ for out of market games (which I’ll keep), but then there were games on the national broadcasts so I had Hulu Live TV and they didn’t have NHL Network so there were STILL games I couldn’t see. It like like the Fubo cost for the tier with NHL network is about what I was paying last year for Hulu Live plus the Bally subscription.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Maybe the NHL dropping their digital access platform to let "randos roll the dice" wasn't a great move? Who knew? (Many of us, actually.)
It isn't much different on ESPN+ than it was Center Ice/NHL TV. Still didn't get in-market games, national telecasts, or NHL Network games. And at least in prior years ESPN+ was quite a bit cheaper (though Disney is trying to rectify that issue every chance they can).

Point stands it would be better for fans if they switched to the MLS/AppleTV model where everything is in one spot (with no blackouts) and national telecasts are simulcast.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It isn't much different on ESPN+ than it was Center Ice/NHL TV. Still didn't get in-market games, national telecasts, or NHL Network games. And at least in prior years ESPN+ was quite a bit cheaper (though Disney is trying to rectify that issue every chance they can).

Point stands it would be better for fans if they switched to the MLS/AppleTV model where everything is in one spot (with no blackouts) and national telecasts are simulcast.
This is why you get a VPN, then you can see those in-market games using ESPN+. If you are like me and have the oldschool package deal still runing that includes HBOMax, then you get TNT as well.

Only games I can't watch are the NHL Network games.

Now where it stinks is when the playoffs hit because often ESPN will only run it on the cable channel. Now that ended after the 2nd round I think and started showing it on both so maybe they got enough complaints they were afraid of losing the ESPN subs so they put it on.

That said, the NHL needs to get rid of this regional mess and just put all games on some form of streaming service. It's silly that you need several different avenues to watch everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad