Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season III | Bird Fight!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
But but I thought Yamamoto sucks... and Bear isn't good either?
Bear is very good at the AHL level but he struggles to handle the physicality. Yamamoto is adapting slow but is still a very good player at this level.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not gonna count them out yet cuz they've shown they can score in bunches but they'll really have to flip the switch in the intermission here. The wheels completely fell off after the Comtois goal.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tough game so far, they played well in the 2nd but gave up more than they scored. Hopefully they leave it all out on the ice in the 3rd. Bouchard has shown a lot of growth in the games that I've seen, a solid offseason for him and he'll be banging on the door for the big club.

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No matter what happens. The boys had a great season and has shown us greatness in a few of them.

If Holland keeps his word of stacking the AHL with prospects until they are ready our defense down there next year will be unfair. Adding Maksimov and McLeod full time will definitely help too.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tough game so far, they played well in the 2nd but gave up more than they scored. Hopefully they leave it all out on the ice in the 3rd. Bouchard has shown a lot of growth in the games that I've seen, a solid offseason for him and he'll be banging on the door for the big club.
Ideally you leave him in the AHL all season and if we make the playoffs you inject him into the lineup like Colorado did with their stud prospect.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If he can get a little quicker and even be NHL average defensively he will be a great add to our club.

It's not necessarily the foot speed that concerns me (although that needs some work too), it's his awareness defensively which I'm not sure is something that can be fixed. Nurse suffers from the same thing, positioning leaves a lot to be desired so he'll always need a stable Dman to partner with IMO.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It's not necessarily the foot speed that concerns me (although that needs some work too), it's his awareness defensively which I'm not sure is something that can be fixed. Nurse suffers from the same thing, positioning leaves a lot to be desired.
You have noticed this tonight ?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Bear is very good at the AHL level but he struggles to handle the physicality. Yamamoto is adapting slow but is still a very good player at this level.

I think Bear can be used in a MAB role. He does seem better defensively then him. Yamamoto just needs more time JUST like Puljujarvi. People are so quick to give up on both

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
As wild as it sounds, I think Samorukov is definitely more NHL ready right now then...I think almost all our defense prospects.

Okay NO. People seriously need to stop with this mania. Samorukov is NOT NHL ready just because he's dominating junior. Bear did that. Even Jones was a PPG and neither were NHL ready. Pro level is much different. Players are much faster, more skilled, have more experience, more older and bigger. It's not kids playing against kids. It's a kid playing against men, and that takes time.

Enough with throwing Junior dominating players to the NHL

Reactions: ImmuneEH

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Okay NO. People seriously need to stop with this mania. Samorukov is NOT NHL ready just because he's dominating junior. Bear did that. Even Jones was a PPG and neither were NHL ready. Pro level is much different. Players are much faster, more skilled, have more experience, more older and bigger. It's not kids playing against kids. It's a kid playing against men, and that takes time.

Enough with throwing Junior dominating players to the NHL
I hear you but I also think you are reading into the points too much. Samurai has a way better game All around in my opinion.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I hear you but I also think you are reading into the points too much. Samurai has a way better game All around in my opinion.

I'm not looking at points. I haven't watched that many games with him but I watched his AHL games last year and a couple playoff games this year. His game is fantastic and pro level. Man amongst boys but that also doesn't mean he is NHL ready

Do what we are doing with Bouchard. Ease him into the AHL as a #7 Dman then give him more responsibility as the season progresses.

OR

throw him into the NHL as a top six 6 dman and see what materializes with an already fragile NHL D core

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'm not looking at points. I haven't watched that many games with him but I watched his AHL games last year and a couple playoff games this year. His game is fantastic and pro level. Man amongst boys but that also doesn't mean he is NHL ready

Do what we are doing with Bouchard. Ease him into the AHL as a #7 Dman then give him more responsibility as the season progresses.

OR

throw him into the NHL as a top six 6 dman and see what materializes with an already fragile NHL D core
I won’t argue this. Sam sauce better be in the AHL next year.

Reactions: KYams17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad