Backstrom/Frolik and the 2006 draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
While Backstrom seems to be playing very well for Sweden (3-3-6 in 3 games), Frolik is struggling to get any offense going (0-0-0 in 3 games). What effect will this have on their draft stock? I had seen Backstrom ranked at the bottom of some top 10 rankings, like McKeen's and ISS, but not all of them. Does his performance solidify top 10 status and maybe even make him creep up higher? As for Frolik, coming out of the tournament perhaps he could even slip out of the top 5. It is only one tournament and the draft is six months away but it is interesting to track nonetheless.

Keep in mind that I have yet to see either of these guys play in this year's WJC (other than Frolik in the exhibition game against Canada) and I am going off of the stats, not the greatest thing to do. For those who have seen the games, reports would be much appreciated.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Backstrom putting up 14 points in 30 SEL games goes a long way in helping his stock. He's playing well against players his own age now and doing more than holding his own against the best men playing in Sweden.

For comparison, while only a month older, Anze Kopitar has 2 less points. Bergfors had a goal in 25 games his draft year.

He's doing well thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad