Geekie
MavLam
Simachev
Doan
Matikka
Duda
Hrabel
Lutz

(I'm leaving out Sam Lipkin because I think he'll sign with a different team this summer.)

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Without Cooley and Guenther-

But
Geekie
MavLam
Simachev
Doan
Matikka
Duda
Hrabel
Lutz

(I'm leaving out Sam Lipkin because I think he'll sign with a different team this summer.)
I don't think Lipkin can sign with another team this summer. We've only had his draft rights for 3 years.

Reactions: Kaizen

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
You might be right. We drafted him in '21 I believe.
Correct. I think he signs with us at the end of this year simply because it's more profitable and he doesn't really have anything left to prove at the college level. And there's a lane to an NHL job sooner than later on the bottom line.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Taking Cooley when Shane Wright was still on the board was cold blooded. I think we have the best player from that draft.

I think Maksy Szuber is going to be really f***in good.

Loved the Moser pick.

MavLam would likely go higher in a redraft.

Hrabal I think is our goalie of the future.

But guys... GMBA having the balls to take Simashev. Whooooweee.

As frustrating as our blue line is right now, it's going to be absolutely INSANE in another few years.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I am a little shocked But so high up on some lists. Been doing some YouTube on him and can see the potential.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Going to do this a little differently

2021- A
Two players are on the team and Doan looks like he is an NHLer. Easy to forget we didn't have 1st going into this

2022 - A-
Cooley has the potential to be the best of the class. This will ride quite a bit on Mac and Geekie. The Duda pick has lost some value especially with Chesley still on the board. Mattika looks like a hit but Lutz felt like a huge reach. Could have had Lane Hutson...
If our three 1st rounders become impact players and at least one of Duda/Lutz/Mattika hit this goes to A+

2023 - B
I'm not willing to overlook skipping on Dvorsky and Leonard yet. This season is showing why we need to improve the blueline so I'm still not outright upset about Simashev but I'm still worried we missed out on an All Star. But has been the one that has really impressed me though and really helps complete our winger depth. Hrabal could be our most important pick. I wasn't impressed with the later round picks but tons of time for them to change my mind. I feel like this grade will only go up (or at least I hope it does)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
2023 - B
I'm not willing to overlook skipping on Dvorsky and Leonard yet. This season is showing why we need to improve the blueline so I'm still not outright upset about Simashev but I'm still worried we missed out on an All Star. But has been the one that has really impressed me though and really helps complete our winger depth. Hrabal could be our most important pick. I wasn't impressed with the later round picks but tons of time for them to change my mind. I feel like this grade will only go up (or at least I hope it does)
Castagna and Kipkie are looking like great picks.
Simashev looks like a player for sure, but I'd still like to trade him for Dvorsky. This will carry a big weight in grading that draft over time.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Castagna and Kipkie are looking like great picks.
Simashev looks like a player for sure, but I'd still like to trade him for Dvorsky. This will carry a big weight in grading that draft over time.
I need to get caught up on the Kipkie hype

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5