Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign LOC to 6-Year Extension (6 x $2.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He still has another year though...so that's 7 more years.

Hopefully he's the same player as he was before his surgery else that's a long ass contract.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t think a single poster here envisioned a scenario where we were keeping LOC past this season

I mentioned a few times I thought they may keep LOC. I even thought he may get the Wood deal, which it looks like he did. Mainly because Wood and Colton are locked up long term too, and that line has been much less effective without LOC.

I also thought the team may have some potential big plans to clear cap space anyway for Mikko, and that could have opened up room for guys like LOC and Drouin long term.

It's interesting they did this before he played a game after his hip surgery though. They must feel comfortable with how he's been skating in camp.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Have to keep LOC at $2.5M.

Feels like the plan is to move Colton next year when his NTC becomes a M-NTC, and then replace him with Ritchie, or Mitts if Ritchie outplays him.

A 3rd line of Wood-Ritchie-LOC at about $6M total (about $6.2M after Ritchie's bonuses) is about as good a cap hit as you can hope for on a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad