Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Dude... Soderberg was not our #1 center either.

You have literally no proof other than your own opinion to claim MacKinnon was better than Duchene at center, yet you're calling other people's opinions (with more substance to them than your own) false.

At least acknowledge that you're arguing incorrectly and change your stance to an opinionated one. Your credibility won't be so shot that way.

I'm sorry, i just have a hard time calling a center that the coach needs to shelter a #1 center. But that's just me.

Now, i would appreciate if you, or Pierce, or anybody else would back up your opinion with statistical proof, or something, that would make me reconsider my opinion about Duchene being our #1 center this year. Or how he was the actual center on MacKinnon's line when they were together.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Also, if we do Duchene for two pieces (like Zib and Ceci), that just adds one more piece we'd need to protect in an expansion draft - which means we'd have to risk losing someone we might want to keep. Then, for example, we'd protect Ceci, EJ, Beauch, Zadorov, Zib, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Barrie, one of Varly / Picks...and have to expose both of Grigorenko and Soderberg.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Also, if we do Duchene for two pieces (like Zib and Ceci), that just adds one more piece we'd need to protect in an expansion draft - which means we'd have to risk losing someone we might want to keep. Then, for example, we'd protect Ceci, EJ, Beauch, Zadorov, Zib, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Barrie, one of Varly / Picks...and have to expose both of Grigorenko and Soderberg.

Who are both almost as valuable as Zibby. With expansion drafts looming and parity being the way it is having an abundance of mediocre players is nowhere near as important as having some top end talent.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Who are both almost as valuable as Zibby. With expansion drafts looming and parity being the way it is having an abundance of mediocre players is nowhere near as important as having some top end talent.

Precisely. Every move has to be made with the expansion draft in mind, since it will be coming at some point, so any move that involves 1 piece for 2 (that have to be protected) is an immediate loss for the team trading the 1 piece.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
If it's up to Roy it's probably going to be Duchene that goes. The other likely scenario is Barrie getting traded due to his contract demands.

If Duchene moves I think he likely ends up in the East. I think the serious contenders would be Ottawa, Tampa, Toronto, Islanders, and Philly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If it's up to Roy it's probably going to be Duchene that goes. The other likely scenario is Barrie getting traded due to his contract demands.

If Duchene moves I think he likely ends up in the East. I think the serious contenders would be Ottawa, Tampa, Toronto, Islanders, and Philly.

1 maybe 2 of those teams are realistic. The others not so much.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Which ones aren't realistic?

Ottawa because of $$, ZERO chance of happening. Plus, they have a better version in EK. Not sure why anyone would even entertain the idea really.

Tampa, because of his connection through his family.

Philly have Ghost, they need defenders who are defence orientated.

Isles might make sense due to Harmonic leaving.

Leaving Toronto, they have great pieces upfront. Even with Rielly, they could use a Barrie type.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Ottawa because of $$, ZERO chance of happening. Plus, they have a better version in EK. Not sure why anyone would even entertain the idea really.

Leaving Toronto, they have great pieces upfront. Even with Rielly, they could use a Barrie type.

Those were the teams I listed for Duchene.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

He was talking about Duchene not Barrie.

But how much difficult would it really be for TB to take Barrie if he fits a need they have?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
if tampa doesn't re-sign stamkos and avs really want drouin... they could work something around drouin and duchene... tampa would obviously be adding quite a bit.

Yeah, hey Roy you can have Garrison & Drouin!!

I hate pretty much all trade scenarios involving Duchene, Anaheim MIGHT be able to put something together I'd be ok with. That's really the only one I can think of though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yeah, hey Roy you can have Garrison & Drouin!!

I hate pretty much all trade scenarios involving Duchene, Anaheim MIGHT be able to put something together I'd be ok with. That's really the only one I can think of though.

haha..

i don't like the trade scenarios either, even ignoring my personal feelings towards duchene and how devastated he would be if he were traded.

lindholm is the guy who makes sense from the ducks.. for the avs, not sure if it makes much sense for the ducks. i think lindholm is the guy they should keep over all the other players on their roster.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Ottawa was offered Duchene in the past, has the cap space, have the depth to offer up good pieces. But they might not have the money.

Tampa would have a big need for Duchene if they lose Stamkos, they would have the cap space, they have players with a good amount of playoff experience, and they have a good prospect pool - including Drouin. But all this depends on Tampa losing Stamkos

Toronto have the need for Duchene, have the cap space, and have lots of futures to offer. But they might not have the right roster pieces for a trade and Duchene might be a bit older than players they might be trying to target.

Islanders have a need for Duchene, have the cap space, they can offer up a young, establish, cost controlled top-4 defenseman(Hamonic). But they might prefer getting a defenseman in return.

Philly have been bold, aggressive, and impatient in the past. Hextall is a borderline crazy. They have a very deep group of young talented defenseman. But they might not have the cap flexibility.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think we would be a worse team in the immediate future but the Sens do have some nice pieces. Zibanejad, Hoffman, Ceci, 1st round pick, etc.

Duchene shouldn't be traded though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
haha..

i don't like the trade scenarios either, even ignoring my personal feelings towards duchene and how devastated he would be if he were traded.

lindholm is the guy who makes sense from the ducks.. for the avs, not sure if it makes much sense for the ducks. i think lindholm is the guy they should keep over all the other players on their roster.

Who knows though, maybe it's early enough like with Jones?

Lindholm has not quite reached star status yet

In hind sight if I knew what I know now about how they actually seem to view Duchene and trading a core player. I might pull the trigger on a Duchene/Jones swap. A lot of that comes from fear though.

I think we would be a worse team in the immediate future but the Sens do have some nice pieces. Zibanejad, Hoffman, Ceci, 1st round pick, etc.

Duchene shouldn't be traded though.

Someone mentioned the expansion draft as well, splitting an asset right now would be a net loss most likely. Unless the pieces outside of the major piece didn't have to be protected.

Anything that would have to be protect outside of one piece would probably be lost.

Also splitting a core asset into futures sets us back another couple of years like the O'Reilly trade did.

I'm just not remotely ok with anything that's not 1 for 1, and I don't believe the 1 for 1 is out there for Duchene.

Question, would anyone here trade Duchene for Trouba? Not really considering WPG, just our side.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Zib is an average second line centre....he's certainly no better than someone such as Soderberg. That would be a really, really disappointing deal. Ceci would be nice to have, absolutely, but for Duchene?

He has a nice two way game that would improve our wingers, but the Avs need a top level player coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad