GDT: Avs @ Panthers Last second GDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I blame Gallant for tonight's loss. He's playing fourth liners almost as much as the scorers. Bjugstad, Boyes, Hayes, Barkov, Hubs, and Jokinen need a lot more ice time. Rolling four lines make sense when you have the lead but the bottom two lines are a lot less likely to get us back into the game. If you need to score, play the scorers more!

Erick*

I blame Gallant for tonight's loss. He's playing fourth liners almost as much as the scorers. Bjugstad, Boyes, Hayes, Barkov, Hubs, and Jokinen need a lot more ice time. Rolling four lines make sense when you have the lead but the bottom two lines are a lot less likely to get us back into the game. If you need to score, play the scorers more!

He's been doing that all year.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida

Hes been like that all season. I dislike the fact he does it also.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

I see what you're saying but that Jugger line had no jump tonight. Our 4th line outplayed that line.

-ghoste

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
What's very concerning to me is that the things we were very successful at in beginning of season are starting to fail us like quality defense and controlling possession.

Erick*

The Avs are not an awful team by the way.

The reality is that they have been playing really good hockey lately. They have more talent than us on paper.

We really shouldn't be cocky going into a game against any team. At the end of the day, we do have a team full of checking line players so wins won't come easy.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Anyone think we might rotate some of the healthy scratches for saturday's game?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
As much as these past two games have sucked, we haven't lost two in regulation in a row since Mid November I believe.

So, there's that.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
The Avs are not an awful team by the way.

The reality is that they have been playing really good hockey lately. They have more talent than us on paper.

We really shouldn't be cocky going into a game against any team. At the end of the day, we do have a team full of checking line players so wins won't come easy.

Would not say more talent.

Fine Duchene/Mac/Landy.

But we have Barkov/Bjugstad/Huby/Ekblad etc.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He's been doing that all year.

I know but he needs to play the scorers more. I understand he wants to save them but if he saves and we miss the playoffs, what's the point? Especially when we're struggling to score at times. An extra few shifts a game isn't going to change much as far as getting gassed.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
****in pissed off... sucks to lose on a **** bounce like that...then the pressure at the end and can't get our own bounce... hate losing games that way that r pretty much evenly played

Erick*

Would not say more talent.

Fine Duchene/Mac/Landy.

But we have Barkov/Bjugstad/Huby/Ekblad etc.

O'Reilly, Erik Johnson too. And their veterans are probably better.

They are, at worst, just as talented.
The reality is that this loss wasn't due to lack of effort. It just sucks to lose.

Sometimes, when you play so many one goal games, bounces go against you. Playing so many one goal games is a talent problem, not an effort problem.

Luongo also wasn't great tonight. Luongo has no margin for error on a nightly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad