Proposal: Avs and NYI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I had to google Ryan Pulock so my quick thought from the Avs is no. Is he just a high potential D prospect?

Larsson v2?

BoDacious Horvat

Sep 1, 2013
Vancouver
I had to google Ryan Pulock so my quick thought from the Avs is no. Is he just a high potential D prospect?

Larsson v2?

Very good D prospect, big shot, not undersized and is pretty well rounded from my viewings. I like his potential as a top 4 D guy a lot. But can't see it enticing Avs fans enough to trade their captain. Don't really think it's close either

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Sakic gently hangs up the phone. He then runs to his time machine, sets it to go back 5 minutes and avoids picking up the phone so he doesn't have to hear that proposal.

Since just saying no is too short of a post.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Love Pulock. Isles would need to have a serious add to him to get Landy though. As much as I'd hate it, I think Avs adding to Rantanen would be more feasible.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Pulock looks like he's gonna be very good, but until he proves that at the nhl level, he's no comparison to a player who already has.

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
Very good D prospect, big shot, not undersized and is pretty well rounded from my viewings. I like his potential as a top 4 D guy a lot. But can't see it enticing Avs fans enough to trade their captain. Don't really think it's close either

Ok

So look at this as a conversation starter for Landeskog.

Before answering what else Islanders need to add to make this deal consider that Pulock is the following:

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Cost controlled (ELC at 860K)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man
  • Top out as top 2 D-man Bottom out at as top 4 D-man

Islanders would be taking on 5.57 Million per till 2021

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ok

Before answering what else Islanders need to add to make this deal consider that Pulock is the following:

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man

Landy is the same size if not bigger, same age, pretty good shot himself, already a 1-2LW, Captain, and pretty cost controlled himself.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Ok

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man

You bring up Landeskog's contract as if it's dead cap... Dude is underrated around here. He's underpaid if anything.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ok

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man

Pulock is 21.

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Ok

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man

would CDH and Nelson be too much or too little to land him

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Ok

• Good sized (6'1" 210)
  • Young (23)
  • Puck Mover
  • Cannon for a shot
  • Right Handed D-man

Pulock is super, super valuable. A key asset to the Isles organization, a guy Snow values very highly, and probably the 2nd best prospect in our system.

That being said, no way does Pulock land you Landeskog. You start with Pulock and then start adding.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
as an isles fan i love pulock and his potential, but i do this in a second... my proposal
calvin dehaan
ryan strome
1st round pick

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Pulock isn't even close to the type of prospect that could land Landeskog. Although I'm probably not nearly as high on Pulock as most.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

Larsson v2?

He's a good young D with pretty big upside. That said, some Isles fans seem to overrate him quite a bit. Example A would be this thread. It would take a pretty big + like Dal Colle(a guy Isles fans seem to underrate a bit) I'd imagine.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
What's with all these garbage proposals for Avs top players lately?

Lately? These garbage proposals were around with Stastny, then with RoR, and haven't really stopped in the last several years. Surely you remember the Bozak + 2nd. It became a meme even.

Pulock is super, super valuable. A key asset to the Isles organization, a guy Snow values very highly, and probably the 2nd best prospect in our system.

That being said, no way does Pulock land you Landeskog. You start with Pulock and then start adding.

Pretty much except... You could start with whatever your first best prospect is and then start adding, and even then the Avs probably aren't interested. What people seem to keep missing most in these proposals is that the Avs aren't exactly rebuilding, they would prefer to have a guy that plays right now and is proven, not a possibility.

The rumored offer was Landeskog for Lindholm. A hockey trade for a position of need, one for one. That is what we are looking for. Think the Oilers trade and then factor in that Sakic is obviously smarter than Chiarelli.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
1. Pulock on his own doesn't get you a young top 6 forward from a team not looking to rebuild.

2. Why are the Islanders looking to add more LH forwards when they have TWO RH forwards and one of them is a center?

3. You will never get good value for Pulock until he's played a full season and done so at a high level. Might as well keep him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad