GDT: Avalanche at Blues @ 2:00 PM ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Was Quick playing? I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Quick is in the Blues heads,not LA.
Quick didn't seem to have a problem shutting us down for 4 straight after we beat him twice in last year's playoffs.

Once again, this game doesn't change anything. The Avs still know the Blues are a good team, just like we know they are a good team. There's really nothing else to say here.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I can't wait for the playoffs when is team will actually bring 100% effort every game. Then I can stop reading all these doom and gloom posts about sending messages and scoring depth and this and that. Jesus.

Beagleblue74

Dec 22, 2013
1st round exit again and it's possible. The front office seems to be at a point were they are past regular season success being enough.

BTW I am not saying i think they should.

Just a disappointing playoffs will most likely lead to some type of major shakeup.

We're second in the league (first in p%) and one of the few teams who would likely win the presidents trophy. I just find it funny when people blame Hitch for a bad period and predict the team's fate off of one bad period.

RR10*

This team is good when healthy. When they have two or more key players injured they are barely a playoff team.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
This team is good when healthy. When they have two or more key players injured they are barely a playoff team.

Yeah, you take 54 goals out of any teams lineup and its the same. 33 of those goals may be back tomorrow. So chill.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I can't wait for the playoffs when is team will actually bring 100% effort every game. Then I can stop reading all these doom and gloom posts about sending messages and scoring depth and this and that. Jesus.

delivering_messages_don_t_be_a_menace_to_south_central_while_drinking_your_juice_in_the_hood.jpeg

RR10*

Yeah, you take 54 goals out of any teams lineup and its the same. 33 of those goals may be back tomorrow. So chill.
Im not sure they are better than Dallas without Steen and Tarasenko. Blues strength is depth and when they are not deep they are mediocre. They dont have offensive elite guys to rely on. Can't even score a ****ing goal.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Well, in regards to messages...there is one 'message game' left and that is with Dallas. We need to go in there and let it be known. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just...wrong.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Im not sure they are better than Dallas without Steen and Tarasenko. Blues strength is depth and when they are not deep they are mediocre. They dont have offensive elite guys to rely on. Can't even score a ****ing goal.

As a fan of the opposing team today, I can certainly say this does not make sense. Blues strength is depth, so when they have injuries the depth can stand up and take the role of those who are injured.

Even with those 2 injuries, I don't like the odds against the Blues. They're a good team even with injuries.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
If the Blues come back will all of you who are so pessimistic bite your tongues for the rest of the season and save your criticism for the games that truly matter? Because that'd be super.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Way too much is being made about "statement games" because in the playoffs their seven game series. The results in those first few games carry much more weight than anything that happens during the regular season.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
Amazing how stupid rules are when they work against us. Its just like a hand pass or puck played with a high stick, it gets waived off as soon as the opposing team touches the puck.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
We're second in the league (first in p%) and one of the few teams who would likely win the presidents trophy. I just find it funny when people blame Hitch for a bad period and predict the team's fate off of one bad period.

I don't think anyone is really worried about 1 bad period. I think people just are more worried about our team not showing up a most games for 1-2 periods at a time.

I do think Hitch has a huge weakness in some of his personal decisions. Right now mostly the Jackman Polak pairing. It's not a one period or game thing. It's a pairing he used in the playoffs against the Kings. That pairing is a huge liability in moving the puck out of the zone. It was a poor pairing in the playoffs. It's still a poor pairing.

I personally could careless about where we finish in the regular season. The Playoffs are really all that matter. Our team does show some alarming patterns with play this season against possible playoffs match ups.

Our team should win in the 1st round. We should have beaten the Sharks that year we were the top team in the league as well.

Our team does have some glaring flaws to it. I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss them.

The real test will be the playoffs. I think everyone here would like us to go rolling into the playoffs with some wins against possible playoff match ups. Of course this game is not a make or break us game. It still would be nice to see our team play better.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Amazing how stupid rules are when they work against us. Its just like a hand pass or puck played with a high stick, it gets waived off as soon as the opposing team touches the puck.

I don't care which team scored that goal. But go ahead and keep making claims about someone's opinion when you don't know how they feel about something.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010

Our team really has never proven to us they are capable of 100% effort so of course we will have our doubts. Missouri is after all the Show Me State. The Blues have yet to show us it against the teams that matter.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
As a fan of the opposing team today, I can certainly say this does not make sense. Blues strength is depth, so when they have injuries the depth can stand up and take the role of those who are injured.

Even with those 2 injuries, I don't like the odds against the Blues. They're a good team even with injuries.

Well you can't just replace Steen and Tarasenko with depth. They have 54 of our 243 goals and play on separate lines so it hurts the chemistry of those lines too.

I think the gap between the Avs and Blues is much narrower than it was earlier in the season as the Avs have got better at making adjustments to playing against top teams. It has been evident in our last two meetings.

Wait for McKinnon to develop a little more and the Avs may be the cream of the crop before we know it. Damn it.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
I don't care which team scored that goal. But go ahead and keep making claims about someone's opinion when you don't know how they feel about something.

I am pretty sure I didnt call anyone out by name, but if you feel it applies to you, I guess it applies. And if this was directed to you (which it wasnt, but the many posters stating their displeasure with the rule.)after reading your post, I think we all kow how you feel about it.

TimtheDJ84*

The Blues should be sending everyone forward and taking chances.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How bout this blues....get mad and do something. You're about to get a double Minor. Make them pay

Edit. Nevermind....

Beagleblue74

Dec 22, 2013
Geez... get him off the camera... not only is he bleeding all over, he's also spewing profanity... That's an angry shatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad