Auston Matthews Vs Artemi Panarin next season?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which player do you take for your team next season?and why?

• Total voters

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Panarin, simply because my team needs a winger with his playmaking abilities more than we need a center with Matthews' shooting abilities.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Because the draft ruined Matthews polls per day.....I don't think there are enough votes from Alberta for Panarin to win this one.

Reactions: nobody

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
My team just signed Panarin but I would rather have Matthews. Big elite sniping C. Plus he's younger and a good old American boy. We're getting too much Russian meddling at MSG lately.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Canucks don't necessarily even need a Center as much as they need a Winger right now, but i'd still easily take Matthews. He'd be dynamite with Pettersson, whichever of them ends up playing Wing. Panarin is plenty talented, but i think Matthews brings more to the table all-around, and it never hurts to have an overabundance of capable Top-6 Centers as injury insurance and even just for flexibility. So that's where i'd go.

HopelessSensFan

Apr 28, 2019
Why there should be any comparison between Matthews vs Panarin? Because of their salary? Matthews is supposed to be in the discussion with super elite players like McDavid, Eichel, etc. who are cornerstone of the franchise. Panarin doesn't belong to that group. Period.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Maybe you missed Matthews destroying the worlds as McDavid's winger lol. As good as Drai is Matthews would be way better, and somewhere deep down you guys know that.

He would not be much better. Its hard to be much better than 50g 100+ pts. That is a hyperbole.

I refuse to believe Matthews production would go up exponentially playing with McDavid. He doesnt become a 65-70g 140pt forward playing with him. And putting up stats like that is the only way Id say he does "much" better.

50g and 100+ points is hard to replicate for even the best players in the world. That is why it hasnt been done in years.

Reactions: varank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad