Player Discussion Auston Matthews (Captain Edition)

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
The guy is the opposite of a captain and leader. The fact that this city and team has given him everything on a platter and received nothing in return, not even commitment, is embarrassing.

Reactions: Tobyboy and colchar

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
The only thing that matters is playoffs. This is his year to prove he can lead the boys to something better than round 2.

Nobody should care how many goals he scores this season.

We'll see if 13.25 is worth it.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
The only thing that matters is playoffs. This is his year to prove he can lead the boys to something better than round 2.

How did he get the 13.25 if only the playoffs matter?

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
There is a possibility that he’s feeling the pressure of being the captain.
If that’s it, it won’t last.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

With play like this do you actually believe he will somehow magically turn it on in the playoffs?

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Unfortunately people don't realize how bad he has been in the playoffs because Marner is even worse and Matthews will hit once in a while.

He plays in a higher scoring era with way way better talent and yet Mats outscored him in the playoffs in his first 53 playoff games with 25 goals to Matthews 23 in his 55 playoff games. Not at all a good look considering this guy literally has a chance to outscore Gretzky and Ovechkin, yet he ranks 28th in playoff g/60 (1st in the season among active players).

Personally I've seen enough, if somebody made me a good offer and he was open to being moved, I would move him in a heartbeat. He LOOKS like some generational must have piece, but in reality come playoff time he is more in line with someone like Taylor Hall or Brock Boeser or Brock Nelson aka a good player, nothing at all that special, not even close to worth 13+ million.

I'd imagine you could get a massive haul and restart something new here which is what we should do, ofc that would never happen in a trillion years, but it must be said. His playoff stats tell you the entire story.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What is there to like?

Auston Matthews makes the most money in the NHL, trails Philip Broberg in the scoring race deep into October, the team looks rudderless this week vs CBJ and St. Louis after they won their Stanley Cup vs Tampa on Monday and was the worst player on the ice in the Blues game I'm sure we were all hoping they'd come out and win for the new coach.

This is coming off his highly disappointing and injury plagued series vs Boston with the state secret protected injury.

It's off to a terrible start.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad