Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
Seeing this a lot from Leaf fans this year and I think there's a lot of squinting involved
  • Squint and you might think Morgan Reilly is a #1 defenceman on a cup-winning team
  • Squint and you might think Chris Tanev is a #2
  • Squint and you might think Jake McCabe can anchor a 2nd-pair
  • Squint and you can ignore how mediocre Oliver Ekman-Larsson has been for years in anything other than a sheltered role.
  • Squint and you might think Benoit, Hakanpaa, Lillegren and Timmins represent good blueline depth
  • Squint and you might think Woll and Stolarz represents a good duo in net
  • Squint and you might think Craig Berube is going to transform the collection of kids and castoffs below the core 4 into the dead-puck era Devils
It's not impossible that some of these plans will work out, but that seems like a lot of squinting.

To this outsider, it really looks the same old Leafs: a good team with hyper-concentrated top 4 talent surrounded by too many questions marks elsewhere.
Maybe look at Samsonov's stats from last year. I would probably have been better than him and I can barely move some days.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Don't forget jack Campbell.

Now that my oilers bought him out. I fully expect him to win the Vezina!

Also, agree with your wings views.
Best backup in the AHL has an award called the Vezina? That's wild. Kinda like the two Calders (NHL rookie of the year and AHL Championship).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Best backup in the AHL has an award called the Vezina? That's wild. Kinda like the two Calders (NHL rookie of the year and AHL Championship).
I could honestly see him start an NHL game.. win it.. gain momentum and go on a run. It's oilers luck.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad