Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I don’t think so. They would be missing their biggest piece, but I think the improvements in goals against would carry them through the missing Matthews goals pretty well.

The team is more balanced this year, and Matthews brings a lot more than goals, but I think the defense is the best it’s looked in …. 20 years? God how sad is that? And the goaltending is going to be twice as good as it was the last 3 years with Samsonov in net.

Of course, that’s just on paper and anything can happen once they all hit the ice.

I think the Leafs have to be the odds on favorites to win the Atlantic, even if Matthews misses a week or two to start the season.

They are the only team who didn’t lose any pieces and got better at all the positions they struggled with last year.

The big dogs in the Atlantic have all taken major hits, except the Maple Leafs. The Maple Leafs are the only team who got better compared to Florida, Boston and tampa

How did the Bruins get worse by signing a #1 center and a middle pair d-man

Unless they don’t get Swayman signed they are definitely better than they were last year.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Sabres have a real head coach with experience. They could actually make it this year. I know you have heard this before, but their last real head coach was Bylsma. This team is going to have much more consistency.
Any new "prospect" kids making the line up this year?

I don’t think so. They would be missing their biggest piece, but I think the improvements in goals against would carry them through the missing Matthews goals pretty well.

The team is more balanced this year, and Matthews brings a lot more than goals, but I think the defense is the best it’s looked in …. 20 years? God how sad is that? And the goaltending is going to be twice as good as it was the last 3 years with Samsonov in net.

Of course, that’s just on paper and anything can happen once they all hit the ice.

I think the Leafs have to be the odds on favorites to win the Atlantic, even if Matthews misses a week or two to start the season.

They are the only team who didn’t lose any pieces and got better at all the positions they struggled with last year.

The big dogs in the Atlantic have all taken major hits, except the Maple Leafs. The Maple Leafs are the only team who got better compared to Florida, Boston and tampa
Have the leafs finally addressed goaltending, D, and heart? Always the same question every year.

Reactions: Score08

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looks like Kulich will be on the roster, likely first injury goes in.
Sabres have a plethora of prospects - I like the outlook for Kulich. The Czech forward is moving in every direction on the ice with great speed, using boards for sneaky manoeuvres and he was far the best skater on the ice in every game I have seen so far. He worked smart with the boards with either sending the puck out of the defensive zone or just making a pass. Zone entries also didn’t seem like a problem for him

Strangle

May 4, 2009
How did the Bruins get worse by signing a #1 center and a middle pair d-man

Unless they don’t get Swayman signed they are definitely better than they were last year.

They don’t have swayman signed, do they? Can’t say they improved when they don’t have either of their number 1 goalies and are staring korpisalo in the face

Any new "prospect" kids making the line up this year?

Have the leafs finally addressed goaltending, D, and heart? Always the same question every year.

We’ll see, won’t we?

That what makes this so much fun. We don’t know yet

But as I said, the D is the best it’s looked in about 20 years

When is Boston going to fix their Goaltending? Hopefully soon, eh?

Reactions: Blowfish

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
They don’t have swayman signed, do they? Can’t say they improved when they don’t have either of their number 1 goalies and are staring korpisalo in the face

And if he resigns or the goaltending ends up fine because the defense is still very good?

They still worse?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
And if he resigns or the goaltending ends up fine because the defense is still very good?

They still worse?

There's a big gap between being 'fine' and goaltending being a strength of the team

Even if Korpisalo doesn't fall flat on his face, is there a single Bruins diehard who would say with a straight face that the goaltending is close to being on par with what it was the previous season?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if the Bruins didn't miss a beat with Korpisalo in net. He had a bad year, he's not a bad goaltender and the Bruins D and system is a lot friendlier on puck stoppers than Ottawa.
Ya possibly, the laser eye surgery could make a big difference for him.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Ya possibly, the laser eye surgery could make a big difference for him.

jameisi.png

Strangle

May 4, 2009

They still worse?

Let’s see, you think they’ll be at more than the 109 points they were last year and I think they’ll be less.

Let’s revisit after and see who’s right

Yes, I think they’re worse

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Let’s see, you think they’ll be at more than the 109 points they were last year and I think they’ll be less.

Let’s revisit after and see who’s right

Yes, I think they’re worse
Nylander and Matthews injured so Leafs will be under 100 points.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What does that mean, and who is it
Jameis Winston, NFL QB.

Threw a bunch of interceptions, a bunch of people were convinced he'd become good again after he got eye surgery and that his poor play was due to his eye problems.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Toronto is one team that is sneaky old and slow. Look at their D, and upfront they want to add Patches while also still having the declining JT. The top 3 guys upfront are not old, but they have never been fast skaters. It really shows in the ploffs.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Ah, the annual flood of Sens fans proclaiming this is the year.

A tale as old as time.
Nah,
That honour is shared between Buffalo and Toronto. Summer is those two fan bases favourite time of the season before they realize it's the same old/same old and the light fades from their eyes.
Toss in a. Heavy dose of 'this is the year The Bruins fall apart', and ´Tampa cheats',
Pretty much describes every off season Atlantic thread for the past dozen years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad