Atlantic Division - Where will the Habs finish in 24-25?

Where will the Habs end up?

• Total voters

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This past season's standings for reference:

1. Florida - 110 pts
2. Boston - 109 pts
3. Toronto - 102 pts
4. Tampa Bay - 98 pts
5. Detroit - 91 pts
6. Buffalo - 84 pts
7. Ottawa - 78 pts
8. Montreal - 76 pts

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Still last.

Ottawa got better with an improved goalie situation.
Buffalo might finally make the playoffs next year. Very talented team and new coach.
Mtl might keep improving or they might take a step back this year if teams start taking the Habs more seriously and put their #1 goalies against us. The progression of a team is never linear.

Reactions: habsfan891

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
" Predictions are for gypsies " Toe Blake

That said............Habs will move up the standings if we stay healthy, and turn those one goal losses into a few more wins.
I think TO and TB and the Bruins to all come back to the pack so to speak.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
6th ahead of Ottawa and Detroit

I also vote 6th. If Dach is healthy all season, I don't think we finish last.

Slaf will be better, Caufield will be better, Guhle will be better, Roy will be better...

This team grow years after years, at this point, Habs can win little more than 3 years of tanking.

I don't see top 5 pick again, but who knows with injuries.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Still last.

Ottawa got better with an improved goalie situation.
Buffalo might finally make the playoffs next year. Very talented team and new coach.
Mtl might keep improving or they might take a step back this year if teams start taking the Habs more seriously and put their #1 goalies against us. The progression of a team is never linear.

Every year I hear, Ottawa and buffalo will definitely do better, they improved in xyz. Wanna know the reality? It never happens. Progression isn't linear but trends are important. The trends are as follows, since MSL started coaching, the team has gotten better and better as he's become more comfortable as coach. Until mid February, Habs were a .500 team. I expect around the same this year. I'm setting the over/under at 84.5 pts. If both buffalo and Ottawa surpass that, then the Atlantic is officially the greatest division of all time

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after the past couple of seasons of watching the standings and cursing at the Sens, Sabers, among others for how f***ing crappy they are, I can't say they will be much better then us, so if we end up 8th or 7th or 6th it won't surprise me cause clearly there are a number of shitty teams in this 32 team league.

Guhlay

Feb 18, 2020
Voted 6th

I think Ullmark is bound to a tough season with ottawa's non existent defense compared to perennial boston wall of a D.

Detroit has done nothing but adding passengers...Kane and Tarasenko are more mercenaries than anything elle at this point they won't carry the load.

If Dach stays healthy ( #1 crucial thing ) and Primeau does a good backup job i can realistically see Montreal passing both teams this year...Roy, Hutson,Mailloux and Reinbacher could also surprise us at some point.

I'm thrilled for Demidov and the next 10 years! Great day to be a habs fan

Go habs ***** go!

Reactions: TesseractPrice

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Voted 6th

I think Ullmark is bound to a tough season with ottawa's non existent defense compared to perennial boston wall of a D.

Detroit has done nothing but adding passengers...Kane and Tarasenko are more mercenaries than anything elle at this point they won't carry the load.

If Dach stays healthy ( #1 crucial thing ) and Primeau does a good backup job i can realistically see Montreal passing both teams this year...Roy, Hutson,Mailloux and Reinbacher could also surprise us at some point.

I'm thrilled for Demidov and the next 10 years! Great day to be a habs fan

Go habs ***** go!

Raymond will, he just needs help.

I think we'll start to see cracks in Tampa, they'll still finish ahead but I see them start falling.
Ottawa can't seem to put it together, probably still behind them but not by much.

Overall the whole division will feed on others divisions, but I don't see the order changing (inflation of the bottom without much of reordering).

Then Tampa falls from next year, Boston isn't too far behind.
Ottawa/Buffalo/Us begin to rise.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Division winner: Toronto's strategy of bowing out early in the playoffs pays off with them being well-rested.

Lose ground: Tampa, Florida, Boston

Gain ground: Montreal, Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa

Habs finish 7th, above either Ottawa or Buffalo, but the gap between 3rd and 7th is small.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Much better than the earlier thread that just assumed where we'd end up as fodder for complaining.

Montreal finishes at least 6th, Ottawa will forever be a tire fire and Buffalo is a joke. I'd love a dissertation on how either of those teams is any better. Detroit could easily plummet because what actual talent do they have?

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Last.

And that’s okay. Our rise is imminent, but it’s not quite our time yet. Next year with the arrival of Demidov and a year of experience for the youngsters is when things start coming together.

We’re missing the playoffs anyway.

If we’re gonna miss the playoffs, might as well get one last top pick. Adding a Hagens/Martin/Frondell/Ryabkin/McQueen to this squad might be difference between us becoming a good team or a great team in the future. It’s all gonna be worth it.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
realistically 8th, but i'm putting 7th simply because i'm banking on a little bit of progress + at least one other team, most likely sens or sabres (or outside chance for Tampa, Wings or Bruins), to implode

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Sabres, Wings, and Sens will be behind us if healthy, but we still won't see the post-season. This roster has talent, goaltending and not as much dead wood as some like to say.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
6th. Detroit defense looks bad, even worst with their 4 goalies. I think Buffalo will fall again after an incredible run in the first 10 games.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Probably 6-7-8.

Possible way out if all these things happen;

Hutson carrying the PP into the top half and the goalies playing unreal + no key injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad