Atd-ML#10 THE MINOR LEAGUE DRAFT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'm sorry, but who is Rocky?

Pekka Rautakallio

I was going to wait for someone else to mention it, nicknames are fine, but make sure the full name is also listed. I had Pekka all ready to be my selection until I realized he had been picked.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Pekka Rautakallio was the first winner of the Pekka Rautakallio trophy?

*sigh*

But seriously, a picture of Mario & Luigi or of Big Bird is fine ... the MLD that sort of thing is probably best avoided.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
The Americans select RW Milan Hejduk.

He's finished top-10 in goals four times including leading the league on one occasion.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
The Oxford Dark Blues are pleased to select the IIHF Hall of Fame defenseman who - for over a decade - played on the top pairing of a Czechoslovakian team which beat the great Soviets several times including for three World Championship golds, he being chosen a tourney all-star in their 1972 triumph
Oldrich Machac​
MS%2072%20MACHAC%20Oldrich1.jpg

5'10 185 lbs

...considered to be a very tough player who excelled with his fine physical play. Very sound defensively
http://www.azhockey.com/Ma.htm

IIHHF inductee 1999
all-star team selection in 1972 WC
Gold medalists in '72, '76, '77 World Championships
Olympic medalist in 1968. 1972, 1976

By many accounts, one of the most reliable European defense players ever, extremely solid blueliner
http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1972/misc/cssrbiod.htm

:teach2: Bobby Orr accepted the MVP award of the 1976 Canada Cup wearing Machac's #4 jersey .... Machac tied the Czech lead in assists that tourney, setting up the first and third goals in the Sittler-scoring overtime loss to Canada... three of Machac's four assists that tourney were on the powerplay... Machac set up the lone Czech goal against Sweden but was in the penalty box for the Swedish winner

Machac scored the second Czech goal in what turned out to be a 7-2 historic drubbing of the Soviets, early in the '74 World Championships, though the Soviets went on to get gold.
http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/100-year-anniversary/100-top-stories/story-67.html

hist7.gif

Pospíšil as the captain lead the team and together with Machač they were the strongholds of the defence. Holeček belonged to the world goalie elite of his time.
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...prev=/images?q=oldrich+machac&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Some really nice picks here, guys. You're making it really tough on us. No one is slipping through the cracks.

Harry Trihey is not just a forward, he is definitely a center, as per hockey-reference, sihrhockey.org, and The Trail Of the Stanley Cup.

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
the greyhounds are pleased to select

anton stastny (lw)

A talented brother and a player who knew how to put the puck in the net (in both the NHL and Czech Elite League). With 252 goals and 636 points in 650 career NHL games, he'll be a great wingman for paul ronty, and a nice presence on the greyhounds powerplay.

Stats:
• 1978 World Junior Championship All-Star
• 1979 Czech Elite League All-Star
• 252 goals and 636 points in 650 career NHL games
• 20 goals and 52 points in 66 career playoff games
• 150 PIMs for his entire 650 game NHL career
• Career +13
• 8 point game (3G, 5A) on February 22, 1981

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Some really nice picks here, guys. You're making it really tough on us. No one is slipping through the cracks.

No doubt, I had a list of about 15 or 20 players to start things off with and only three are still available.

EDIT: I realize I didn't send Nalyd and VanI a PM that it was their turn. Sorry, I was half asleep still when I announced the Hejduk pick.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
****!!!!!!!!!!!

The Oxford Dark Blues are pleased to select the IIHF Hall of Fame defenseman who - for over a decade - played on the top pairing of a Czechoslovakian team which beat the great Soviets several times including for three World Championship golds, he being chosen a tourney all-star in their 1972 triumph
Oldrich Machac​
MS%2072%20MACHAC%20Oldrich1.jpg

5'10 185 lbs

http://www.azhockey.com/Ma.htm

IIHHF inductee 1999
all-star team selection in 1972 WC
Gold medalists in '72, '76, '77 World Championships
Olympic medalist in 1968. 1972, 1976

http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1972/misc/cssrbiod.htm

:teach2: Bobby Orr accepted the MVP award of the 1976 Canada Cup wearing Machac's #4 jersey .... Machac tied the Czech lead in assists that tourney, setting up the first and third goals in the Sittler-scoring overtime loss to Canada... three of Machac's four assists that tourney were on the powerplay... Machac set up the lone Czech goal against Sweden but was in the penalty box for the Swedish winner

Machac scored the second Czech goal in what turned out to be a 7-2 historic drubbing of the Soviets, early in the '74 World Championships, though the Soviets went on to get gold.
http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/100-year-anniversary/100-top-stories/story-67.html

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The Tidewater Sharks select RW Corb Denneny

corb.jpg

1918 Stanley Cup Champion
1923 PCHA Second Team All-Star
1926 WHL All-Star
103 goals in 176 NHL games

266.gif
6437.gif
279.gif
maroons.jpg
6834.gif
sask.jpg
6440.gif
6692.gif

VanIslander

20 years of All-Time Drafts on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
****!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel your pain :D

i myself was very keen on Harris (2nd on lw shortlist) and Prodger (5th on d shortlist) but those two positions we already started filling and wouldn't have gotten back to them until rounds 8-9 so I guess it wasn't in the cards for us

Smokey Harris I heemed and hummed about in the main draft, was the only top-10 in PCHA career scoring not drafted, and won championships with two PCHA franchises, once as the postseason hero. He didn't stick in the NHL, ending his career with eight years in lesser leagues and thus it isn't surprising he isn't in the HHOF, though he was 34 by the end of his 13 years in the PCHA, so judging him based on what he did late in his career wouldn't be fair. A solid MLD pick.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
With our 4th and 5th round pick..the Labatt Blues select..

C - Tom Lysiak (1974-1986)
image_211.jpg

Greatest Hockey Legends said:
Tom Lysiak quietly was one of the most talented stars of hockey. He had an uncanny sense of anticipating the flow of the play and was used in every game situation. He played the power plays, he killed penalties and was often asked to play against the other teams' top center. Tom was a fine skater and created a lot of chances thanks to his mobility. A solid two-way player, his vision was complimented nicely by his creativity and soft hands.

Statistics
GM: 919
G: 292
A: 551
P: 843
PIM: 567

Accomplishments
* Played in NHL All-Star Game (1975, 1976, 1977)
* Captain of the Atlanta Flames (1977, 1978, 1979)
* 63 playoff points in 76 career playoff games.

D - Normand Rochefort (1981-1994)
rochefort_normand.jpg

Quebec Nordiques Legends said:
Rochefort was one of the top defensemen in the National Hockey League for a time during the mid 1980s. Don't believe it? Well he played in the 1987 Rendez Vous tournament against the Soviet Union, and later that year was a nice part of Team Canada in the 1987 Canada Cup.

Rochefort was a bone crunching bodychecker. Though he took few penalties, he was one of the most feared physical players of his time. He loved to rattle a player along the boards and at times would go out of his way for an open ice hit. He was also a menace in front of his own net, punishing any opposition forward who dared to enter the slot. He was also a premier shot blocker.

Though his skating wasn't impressive, his puck skills were. He rarely jumped up into an offensive attack, but he had this knack of always clearing his zone with a perfect pass to a breaking forward.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
RW - Dave Christian (1980-1994)
davechristian.jpg

Winnipeg Jets Legends said:
He was a blessed skater, armed with good puck skills and a mind for the game. He effortlessly played both defense and forward. He was a natural athlete, also starring in football, baseball and track in his youth.

He followed in his father's skate marks to the Olympic games, starring with the 1980 Miracle On Ice gold medal winning team. Though he was a scoring forward at North Dakota, coach Herb Brooks utilized Christian on the blue line for the Olympics, and never missed a beat. He was able to control the game by himself, a trait of only the most special players.

The consistent Christian went on to score 340 goals and 433 assists in 1,009 NHL regular season games.

Accomplishments
* Christian was inducted into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame in 2001.
* Christian played in the 1991 NHL All-Star Game
* Captain of the Winnipeg Jets (1981, 1982)
* 1980 Gold Medal at the Olympic Games
* 773 points in 1009 career games (340 Goals, 433 Assists)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Tidewater selects D Kenny Jonsson

jonsson.jpg

1994 Olympic Gold Medalist
1994 World Championship Bronze Medal
1995 NHL All-Rookie Team
1996 World Cup Bronze Medal
2004 World Championship Silver Medal
2006 Olympic Gold Medalist
2006 Olympics Best Defenceman
2006 World Championship Gold Medal

A strong positional defensive with good puck moving skills, Jonsson cut short what could have been a very strong NHL career to return to his native Sweden​

199.gif
nyi.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad