ATD 2022 Draft Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I think there was more than one stick-swinging incident.
There were many stick-swinging incidents in that era, most of which passed by relatively unnoticed.

To me, the harder question to answer with respect to injuries is how much leeway we should give to players who were the victims of obvious cheap shots which negatively impacted their careers - Paul Kariya being the best (drafted) example of this. How that issue applies to Eric Lindros is for each GM to decide...he's in a bit of a grey area, imo.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
There were many stick-swinging incidents in that era, most of which passed by relatively unnoticed.

To me, the harder question to answer with respect to injuries is how much leeway we should give to players who were the victims of obvious cheap shots which negatively impacted their careers - Paul Kariya being the best (drafted) example of this. How that issue applies to Eric Lindros is for each GM to decide...he's in a bit of a grey area, imo.
I think that's a fair distinction to make - shortened due to the rules of the time versus shortened due to style of play is an important point to make. That being said - even relatively recently you have great players whose careers are cut short due to cheap shots, so stature has to be something we consider.

It's always a grey area, but ultimately I think we can only judge players based on what they actually achieved, so - unless you literally went to war or your league was shut down due to a once in a century pandemic - I tend to take the results as they come.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I think that's a fair distinction to make - shortened due to the rules of the time versus shortened due to style of play is an important point to make. That being said - even relatively recently you have great players whose careers are cut short due to cheap shots, so stature has to be something we consider.
Perhaps unfortunately, cheap-shots have always been a part of hockey.

...something, something...canadian farm boys and vodka-swilling gopniks...something, something

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Apropos nothing, I wasn't familiar with your ATD track record before this year, and so (in my arrogant way...) kinda mentally dismissed your team early on, as the draft is notoriously brutal on rookies. What you've built thus far has really impressed me, however much experience you do or don't have. Nice work man.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm sure I'm a pick away from screwing the whole thing up; these middle rounds I've learned are make or break in this thing. My first draft was 40 teams two years ago and right around now is where my team started to circle the drain.

Reactions: tinyzombies

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm sure I'm a pick away from screwing the whole thing up; these middle rounds I've learned are make or break in this thing. My first draft was 40 teams two years ago and right around now is where my team started to circle the drain.
We're all 1 pick away from blowing this whole things, and I'm hoping nobody noticed that I accidentally picked this guy and then quickly pretended I didn't:
Daniel Andersson (b.1992) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
larry-murphy.

Texarkana will select Defensemen #55 Larry Murphy

&

belfour_e_GettyImages-1272909896.png.jpg

Goalie #30 Ed Belfour

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs select, with the 153rd pick in the 2022 All-Time Draft:

230px-Max_Bentley.jpg

MAX BENTLEY, C

You just don't find two-time Art Ross winners this late in the draft. A proven all around offensive force and a great playoff performer, he will fit in well on a line with Phillips.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs select, with the 153rd pick in the 2022 All-Time Draft:

230px-Max_Bentley.jpg

MAX BENTLEY, C

You just don't find two-time Art Ross winners this late in the draft. A proven all around offensive force and a great playoff performer, he will fit in well on a line with Phillips.

Fantastic value here and with Phillips on board, his meh defensive profile is greatly covered up.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Max Bentley is on the shortlist of old-time players I would most like to have seen live. I've seen a couple video snippets of him, and always come away impressed. A truly elegant player.

Reactions: tinyzombies

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree

230px-Max_Bentley.jpg

MAX BENTLEY, C

bentley was one of the finalists for me when I picked Lindros. Great value at this point

Leaf Lander

Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
The best 3rd liner in this size draft should be Keon.
Thanks for the keon Love

A NHL all time top 100 point producer even today 40 years after he retired after just 16 nhl seasons.

Played most of his career on a defensive first team that won 4 cups. Who knows what his point tallies would had been if the reins offensively were looser.

Top leaf player of all time will always be the defensive conscious of his line

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Having built our top 4 earlier than anyone we're hurting for offense up front so to play on our second line with Kucherov we will select the best offensive player taken in a while Connor McDavid, C

b518e5e0-494d-11ec-bf7f-be4cf294f23e

His record is outstanding (current season not counted)

AST: 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 13
Hart: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5
Goals: 6, 6, 10
Assists: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 5

From @overpass sheet up to 2020
R-On - 1.18
R-Off - 0.78

7 Year VsX (up to 2021): 89.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events