GDT: At least we're not... @Oilers, 9:30pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Being a fan of a "non-traditional hockey town" can it get any sweeter than to see the fan base of some Canadian based teams go ape crazy because their team sucks...…..aka the Fleas and the Oil.

Hey man can we have Tyler Johnson? We promise we'll give him back, someday. We just don't want him scoring on us anymore is all.

toastmasterbone

Mar 14, 2013
mebbin

Nino... Oh whoa whoa ooo-o-ooo...

Niederieder.... Woah... Woah...

MarvelousLivelyFoal-small.gif

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
If we are supposed to be strongest on defense, shouldn't locking down games the thing we should be best at?

I put a lot on our forward group in these situations. Tons of missed assignments leading to goals against.

Other thoughts, now that I'm caught up... It's the only game I've watched of him this year, but how is Poolparty so bad? Like, that isn't botched development from Edmonton, he just looks like he's not a good hockey player. I thought his issue was hockey IQ, but he doesn't look like he has any qualities of an NHLer.

And I'm still pissed there was nothing after the Kassian bullshit. That's some Bill Peters era shit. You're up a nickel, drop the gloves.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Donny Wad's: “You’re always concerned about goals but I’m more worried about winning,”
(Hurricanes deal Skinner to Sabres)

In a shocking plot twist, it turns out that one leads to the other. This entire season can be boiled down into the questions "Did Carolina score 3 or not?"

3+ Goals (21-1-3) = 94 total goals in 25GP
0-2 Goals (2-19-2) = 20 total goals in 23GP

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I put a lot on our forward group in these situations. Tons of missed assignments leading to goals against.

Other thoughts, now that I'm caught up... It's the only game I've watched of him this year, but how is Poolparty so bad? Like, that isn't botched development from Edmonton, he just looks like he's not a good hockey player. I thought his issue was hockey IQ, but he doesn't look like he has any qualities of an NHLer.

And I'm still pissed there was nothing after the Kassian bull****. That's some Bill Peters era ****. You're up a nickel, drop the gloves.

Why? You're up a nickel. He wants the satisfaction of a fight because he's in his feels. Don't give it to him.

Justshootmore

Mar 13, 2018
In a shocking plot twist, it turns out that one leads to the other. This entire season can be boiled down into the questions "Did Carolina score 3 or not?"

I feel like that's more of a general hockey rule. I looked at the last 5 days.

Teams that score more than 3 goals win roughly 75% of the time, while teams who don't score 3 goals win only 12% of the time. So 3 seems to be the magic number.

However, it would be interesting to see what changes (general and for the Canes) if you look at it without empty net goals.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Donny Wad's: “You’re always concerned about goals but I’m more worried about winning,”
(Hurricanes deal Skinner to Sabres)

3+ Goals (21-1-3) = 94 total goals in 25GP
0-2 Goals (2-19-2) = 20 total goals in 23GP

How is this even remotely surprising?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad