Post-Game Talk: At Least We Weren't Blown Out or Shut Out - CBJ 2, Leafs 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Do you realize how much you post that lacks any insight or any facts? Kadri did work out with Gary in past. Might want to check your facts before posting.

Yes, I know that. He worked out with Gary Roberts before last season and had a career year. Last summer the Leafs wanted him to work out with their strength and conditioning guy and not Roberts, and this year he seems to have lost a bit of explosiveness.

Edit: I'm not saying training with Roberts would necessarily have worked out better, but Kadri did seem to have better results with him. I think the reputation Roberts has been getting as some kind of fitness god is unjustified, there are much smarter and more educated trainers out there. The Leafs guy isn't one of them, of course; he doesn't have a degree in the field and didn't have any substantial experience prior to joining the Leafs. With all the Leafs money you'd think they could get their players a world-renowned trainer of some sort.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, first game I've missed this year, and, this season! :shakehead

I see they lost as I EXPECTED. :p:

This team needs a kick in the AZZ! :rant:

#FireCarlyle and bring back Pat Quinn! :nod:

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
but either way, a disproportionate amount of blame is being put on Clarkson.

there were several problems tonight, and while I agree Clarkson needs to play better, some people need to see there is absolutely no way this loss was his fault.

like you said, the team lost it with those 35min of uninspiring hockey
. This team needs to learn to play together as a team for a whole 60 minutes.

Wasn't it 2 give-aways by Clarkson that led to both goals?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I can't believe we're back to being a fringe playoff team again...suxors!

And, right up against the Cap to boot!

As much as I like Carlyle, it appears to me the players don't want to play for him!

Nonis made a HUGE mistake signing Clarkson, and he should lose his job too!

leafstilldeath*

It's actually been incredibly dry and warm here this winter, I'm sure they'll have a great time and get in some good rounds of golf!

They'll be golfing full time in mid April if this keeps up so it'll be a good refresher for the boys.

randy+caryle+golf+toronto+maple+leafs+funny.jpg

Preparations are underway

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Can't believe the amount of crying over Clarkson.

If a team can't win because of one bum in the top 9 they probably don't deserve to win. Get over it, the entire team needs to be better not just one guy who by all accounts wouldn't even be good if he played to his full potential anyway.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
1st time watching Columbus live. They may have passed NJ as the most boring game to attend. Hopefully they don't play either of those Teams early March next year.

Couple observations from a crappy game,
1. Saw a guy in a Paul Ranger shirt, that was a 1st.
2. Saw a guy in a John Mitchell shirt, that was a 1st.
3. Leafs were boo'd off the ice after the 2nd.
4. Half the building left with 10 minutes to go.
5. Incredible amount of people playing with their phones instead of watching the game.
6. Sometime between Christmas and now, they added Girls to clean the ice during tv timeouts. Way too far away to tell what they actually looked like.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Can't believe the amount of crying over Clarkson.

If a team can't win because of one bum in the top 9 they probably don't deserve to win. Get over it, the entire team needs to be better not just one guy who by all accounts wouldn't even be good if he played to his full potential anyway.

Why should the lower salaried players have to work hard to compensate for a $5.25M player? That's the problem we have on our hands with Clarkson.

I wonder if our record is better without him in the lineup???

mikebel111*

ROR is an upgrade on kadri? Maybe 2 way but nothing else. Kadri all the way.
Lets see kadri had a month of solid play. And now 3 games and trade him?
Explains why i shouldnt take things seriously here

Kyle Doobas*

Why should the lower salaried players have to work hard to compensate for a $5.25M player? That's the problem we have on our hands with Clarkson.

I wonder if our record is better without him in the lineup???
I'm not jumping to Clarkson's defense or anything, but it's worth noting that in Colby Armstrong's first season here, we had a drastically better record with him in the lineup. Don't put too much stock into that.

They shouldn't have to work hard to compensate for Clarkson, they should have to work hard so they don't also look like **** along with Clarkson. Our entire second/third lines have been brutal.

mikebel111*

Last time team was on 3 game losing streak, i didnt care about them until there was a 2 or 3 game winning streak, and than they played better. Will do that now

Lets go raptors and marlies

Feb 24, 2004
Seems to me that Kadri/Lupul has worked ok with both Raymond and more recently Kulemin... it seems to me that everytime Clarkson has played with them, it has been like Kryptonite.

Clarkson needs to play on the third line and show his intangibles.... Really, it's just been all bad for him so far... shame we are stuck with him.

As far as Grabs and MacA... they needed to go, forget about what others have done since they came... really replaced with Bolland and Clarkson... :help:

This is just a very salient point. Everytime Randy put the three of them out there together, a piece of me dies a little inside.

horner

May 22, 2007
By the sounds of it we should also blame Clarkson for world hunger, and for us not having a cure for the common cold yet.

LOL

Its like Clarkson is driving the Bus.

WOW I didnt know he was such a leader.

Why is it that Lupul and Kadri show up for 4 mins a gm

ex. tonight

The last 5 min of the game we were flying, probably got as many shot as the whole game.

Hell Lupul and Kadri didnt even get a shot in the second period. If we they need Kully to get them going " WE ARE IN TROUBLE ".

And Kadri wanted 5 mil + for what

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I had a feeling we were going to lose this. We played well in the first but this team just stopped skating and made poor decisions with the puck the rest of the game. Slow and stupid is no way to go through a hockey game, leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
if he isnt gonna start here he deserves a chance to start somewhere else.

He played like a quality backup tonight. All you want from your backup is a chance to win and he gave them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad