Post-Game Talk: At Least We Weren't Blown Out or Shut Out - CBJ 2, Leafs 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Still have about 3 points to spare.

Unfortunately they are under .500 on the road and they have 11 away and 8 home games left?

And if we play at home like we played today. Well.........

Pressure is building.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
See, this is one of the few reasonable and level headed criticisms of Kadri. Personally I think that to be a really top-notch #2C in this league Kadri needs to a) improve his explosiveness (i.e. work out with Gary Roberts, or anyone other than that Leafs trainer that ruined Schenn by making him just ride the bike all summer and made Kadri lose a step this year), and b) mold his game into more of a two-way style. He's shown he can play very strong defensively at times, but doesn't do it consistently. I'd take a 50-60 point Kadri who's a beast defensively over a 70-80 point Kadri playing his current style. Faceoffs too, but that's a given.

guy could get stronger on his skates too.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Nope.

Only about .9 million can be buried.

Sounds like a good deal from over here, where I'm not paying for any of it :laugh:

That $900 000 could probably get a better team player for a 3rd line role. Clarkson is incapable of using his linemates properly, or being in position to be used by them.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
See, this is one of the few reasonable and level headed criticisms of Kadri. Personally I think that to be a really top-notch #2C in this league Kadri needs to a) improve his explosiveness (i.e. work out with Gary Roberts, or anyone other than that Leafs trainer that ruined Schenn by making him just ride the bike all summer and made Kadri lose a step this year), and b) mold his game into more of a two-way style. He's shown he can play very strong defensively at times, but doesn't do it consistently. I'd take a 50-60 point Kadri who's a beast defensively over a 70-80 point Kadri playing his current style. Faceoffs too, but that's a given.

Do you realize how much you post that lacks any insight or any facts? Kadri did work out with Gary in past. Might want to check your facts before posting.

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Raymond is soft but fast, agile, a very good puck-handler, has a good shot, and makes the occasional nice play.

He's the anti-Clarkson. He's everything Clarkson is not, and that's why he's a much more effective player by the end of the game. He has more PP goals than Clarkson has total points.

the better point producer also costs us 1/5 the price. Clarkson may be better defensively but he still is not that good. Even though Raymond is invisible for most nights, he's cheaper and produces more and I would gladly ship out Clarkson any day over Raymond, even if we paid him a little more.

It just frustrates me that we gave up Grabovski for this loser. Nonis will have his hands full in the next 2 off seasons, i'll tell you that.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
There isn't a magical workout that makes players so much better. Gary Roberts gets all this hype because of Stamkos. Stamkos isn't a great player because of a personal trainer with a hype-train.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
And if we play at home like we played today. Well.........

the Leafs play like they did tonight about 75% of the time. in some games similar to tonight's, Bozak buries the equivalent to the chance he had in the 3rd, or that puck that was swiped off the goalline ends up in the net, the goalie makes a lot of tough saves (as Reimer did tonight), and the Leafs pull out a win (often in a SO).

sometimes they lose though, and then people wonder how they could play so poorly. but they play this poorly consistently, except when they win in spite of their inconsistent/consistently poor play, some decide to view it as proof that they are a good team finding a way to win.

leafstilldeath*

guy could get stronger on his skates too.

If the fat ass management suits don't interfere with players' off season workouts it may be possible.

Kadri doesn't have the explosiveness he had last year. JVR on the other hand seems faster this year (he trained in the US).

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
You really are starving for attention here; shame on me for taking the bait. You claim Clarkson has held back Kadri, yet Kadri has had little to no impact on the first line when penciled in. What you chose to post is your extreme dislike towards Clarkson, stating it is Clarkson that holds Kadri back, yet when kadri played with JVR and Kessel (some have called this the best line in hockey) Kadri played horribly, and Kessel and JVR didn't pick it up until the inferior Bozak came back to play.

Again, what are you talking about? I posted the stats - Kessel and JVR did fine with Kadri. 10 points in 12 games for Kessel. That was pretty decent considering he isn't their normal linemate and their secondary scoring during that stretch was Jay McClement.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
raymond can skate, and he does have a bit of a shot. but he's pretty junk at everything else.

Raymond belongs on the 3rd line and is a nice compliment to the north south hitting game Clatkson needs to play. Putting Raymond in the top 6 is not his fault and for 1 mil/year and probably 20 goals is money well spent. Not much to complain. 20 goals Raymond 1 mil, 20 goals Lupul 5 mil. Both have big holes in their game but Lupul gets away with it for some reason.

leafstilldeath*

the Leafs play like they did tonight about 75% of the time. in some games similar to tonight's, Bozak buries the equivalent to the chance he had in the 3rd, or that puck that was swiped off the goalline ends up in the net, the goalie makes a lot of tough saves (as Reimer did tonight), and the Leafs pull out a win (often in a SO).

sometimes they lose though, and then people wonder how they could play so poorly. but they play this poorly consistently, except when they win in spite of their inconsistent/consistently poor play, some decide to view it as proof that they are a good team finding a way to win.

Yup. Leafs have been pretty bad and lucky to be sitting where they are in teh standings. Agree with this 100%

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
It's actually been incredibly dry and warm here this winter, I'm sure they'll have a great time and get in some good rounds of golf!
They'll be golfing full time in mid April if this keeps up so it'll be a good refresher for the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad