Proposal: Askarov to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Askarov is a great age to take over for Saros. I don't see why we can't have both until someone offers us something we can't refuse. No offense to Sabres fans but we don't need Savoie as much as we do Askarov with Kemell, Evangelista, Wood, Svechkov and L'Hereaux as our top forward prospects.
I’m not understanding this thinking. By using saros’s timeline he got 19,21,23 starts as a 21,22,23 year old. While rinne was 34,35,36 in that timeline. If you sign saros to an 8 year contract that brings him 36 years old while also making askarov 29. This doesn’t work for many reason. No way askarov is gonna wait over here as a backup when he can start and probably make more money in Russia. This isn’t like the rinne to saros hand over because the age difference isn’t no where close to the same.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Buffalo could probably put together an attractive package for Saros, and he would seem to be the better fit on the Sabres than Askarov, given they have Levi. That would be a more intriguing avenue of inquiry

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I’m not understanding this thinking. By using saros’s timeline he got 19,21,23 starts as a 21,22,23 year old. While rinne was 34,35,36 in that timeline. If you sign saros to an 8 year contract that brings him 36 years old while also making askarov 29. This doesn’t work for many reason. No way askarov is gonna wait over here as a backup when he can start and probably make more money in Russia. This isn’t like the rinne to saros hand over because the age difference isn’t no where close to the same.

Rinne was 26 when he had his rookie season, if Askarov is as unready as some Nashville fans think he is (I personally don't) then he could follow a similar path.

Buffalo could probably put together an attractive package for Saros, and he would seem to be the better fit on the Sabres than Askarov, given they have Levi. That would be a more intriguing avenue of inquiry
Not going to happen with Nashville in a playoff spot and Trotz saying he'll re-sign Saros asap.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I compared Lombardi to Savoie?

Weird... I'm pretty sure I removed the protected first in that offer for a reason. Almost like it was to account for a gap in talent? Maybe try some reading comprehension.

You seemed determined to remain willfully obtuse about this but I’ll try this one more time.

The OP wants a high-end center prospect back and will include a 1st to get it.

Getting a worse prospect while keeping the 1st is not something the OP is interested in.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You seemed determined to remain willfully obtuse about this but I’ll try this one more time.

The OP wants a high-end center prospect back and will include a 1st to get it.

Getting a worse prospect while keeping the 1st is not something the OP is interested in.
There's nothing willfully obtuse about it. You said I "compared Lombardi to Savoie." Word for word, that's what you claimed I said, and I didn't.

So what really happened here is, you either twisted or completely misunderstood what I said, made a false accusation, and then when I corrected you, you called me obtuse.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There's nothing willfully obtuse about it. You said I "compared Lombardi to Savoie." Word for word, that's what you claimed I said, and I didn't.

So what really happened here is, you either twisted or completely misunderstood what I said, made a false accusation, and then when I corrected you, you called me obtuse.

You seem to love petty debates and dislike discussions. I’m the opposite. Think whatever you like.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You seem to love petty debates and dislike discussions. I’m the opposite. Think whatever you like.
You're more than welcome to quote where I compared Lombardi and Savoie.

Don't lie about something I said and then claim I'm the one having a petty debate. :dunno: I never compared Lombardi to Savoie. I even subtracted a major piece in the trade to account for the major difference in their value.

It's literally right here:

Everybody line up. Nashville is evidently giving away a top tier goalie prospect and conditional first for whatever undersized B tier forward prospect they can get their hands on. :laugh:

Detroit fans graciously offer to drop the conditional first:

Askarov for Amadeus Lombardi. You know you want it. TAKE IT.

So again, don't lie and you wont get called out for lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad