LeBrun: Askarov available

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

This is brutal. Trotz is on glue. Resign the old shrimp for awful contract and trade the future star… SMH

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010

This is brutal. Trotz is on glue. Resign the old shrimp for awful contract and trade the future star… SMH
Congratulations. You are the distilled essence of HFBoards.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Did I miss the part of the article where it says Askarov is available, being shopped or wants to be shopped? I saw one sentence where the author admits he’s speculating and that’s it. I’m annoyed I fell for the op’s clickbait and then doubled down on the click bait article.

Don’t make my mistake. There’s nothing in here that even suggests Askarov is actually available.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
trotz shopped him before trying to a get a high end center prospect. i think they'll do the same and if they cant get that he'll be the backup this season

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
How is this a rumor? The article is purely speculating that Askarov might want out and that Trotz might entertain trading him. There is nothing that I’ve seen that says he is actively shopping him or is even available beyond reading into the Saros signing.

Reactions: Soundgarden

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Wonder if Montreal moved up to trade that pick for him, not sure what other tenders they have in the pipeline
Montembeault looks like the starter for the foreseeable future, with Primeau backing him up (maybe eventually taking over, goalies are weird). In the pipeline, Fowler looks like the goalie of the future, but Volokhin has been awesome over in Russia and may have something to say about it.

Reactions: LeBrun is a Clown

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Not sure why they’d be in a rush to trade him. He’s cheap for the foreseeable future and learning behind Saros for a few years doesn’t kill his trajectory. At all. Could ask for a trade later but for now…I don’t see a rush on any sides part to get him out of town.

There is no cut price star goalie prospect to be had here.

Reactions: eojsmada

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not sure why they’d be in a rush to trade him. He’s cheap for the foreseeable future and learning behind Saros for a few years doesn’t kill his trajectory. At all. Could ask for a trade later but for now…I don’t see a rush on any sides part to get him out of town.

There is no cut price star goalie prospect to be had here.
What if the player wants to move given that he’s less likely to become a starter in the foreseeable future

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Honestly...Nashville doesn't need to move him for at least 3-4 years if they don't want to. He'll be an RFA after next year and you can sign him to a nice deal...3x1.5-2.0 and figure it out then. There's zero rush and if Saros gets injured or falls off a cliff you deal with it then but you still have your developed goalie there to pick up the slack.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00